// 014 //

FIVE more months had passed by in a blink of an eye, and Obito Uchiha was still nowhere closer to pinning down the seemingly unattainable Senju girl

FIVE more months had passed by in a blink of an eye, and Obito Uchiha was still nowhere closer to pinning down the seemingly unattainable Senju girl. Ever since September, they had shared a bed a handful of times to turn the long winter nights less lonesome, but even then - nothing happened. 

He would steal a kiss here and there; perhaps he'd even cuddle her if she let him, but that was it. He didn't push her limits, and Obito was completely fine by just being able to hold her -  of course he was... However in the end; his love was still that of a greedy kind.

He wanted more

He wanted to take her out on a date, and to feel her bare skin underneath his hands right after they got back home. To wake up in the morning and kiss the sleep from her eyes, to make her whisper into his ear that she was his... How couldn't he? This girl had stolen his heart, and he was practically love-sick because of it. Still, he held himself back - despite the growing urge to ravish her. He didn't wish to scare her away because of his greed. 

He'd lose all the progress he had made with her if he lost self-control, after all.

The Uchiha didn't understand why she suddenly didn't let him fuck her anymore, even if they had hooked up once back in August. He could only guess that it had something to do with him being so obviously smitten by her now. It was too serious - his feelings too strong for her to handle. She was practically terrified of his love, he knew that. Obito realised that she'd avoid every single one of his affections, and turn a blind eye at his rather obvious attempts. But in the end, he still never gave up on her. He would wait as long as it took to gain her trust. 

She would have to return his feelings at some point... Right? Why else would she stick around if not for that?

And so; February was here, and Obito's 26th birthday came right along with it. His friends - Kakashi, Genma, Guy, and Asuma - had decided to surprise him with a night out. Obito was all for it. He enjoyed the idea of drowning his hopeful heart inside a bottle of liquor and some good old banter to make him cope - even if just for a short moment. 

Unfortunately, all of that comfort a promising night would bring diminished as soon as he laid his eyes on the building his friends were currently dragging him towards.

A goddamn strip club.
And not just any kind of strip club; but the exact one where she worked at.

"God help me.", was all Obito Uchiha said.

---

It didn't take long for him to find her, or should he say - for her to find him. When she came over to their table to take their order, Obito could not tear his eyes away from her. She was just so goddamn pretty with her hair let down, and make-up that made her cheeks glitter with the ever-changing lights of the reflectors. Despite the hesitancy, she acted professional, but he still caught the rather puzzled gaze she sent his way quickly. 

Obito said nothing. He just continued to stare at her like an idiot.

"Hi! What can I get you, boys?", she grinned finally, pulling a pen from the little waitress apron that was tied around her waist. Her jeans were so tight. The Uchiha could barely wait to see her leave, just so that he could stare at her ass without shame.

"Well, what do you recommend, gorgeous?", Genma said, and Obito resisted an eye roll. 

// Goddamn flirt. //

"Oh, why thank you!", she giggled that 'give me a tip for putting up with this bullshit' laugh, "I hear that our Whiskey sour is really good! But, we also have various brands of beer, if you want to start with something light. Corona, Bud Light, Stella Artois, Guinness... I could go on for days, heh."

"What's your favourite drink, gorgeous?", Obito asked all of a sudden, lazily chewing the spearmint gum in his mouth. 

She stumbled a bit at his question, however she was fast to collect herself. Obito certainly did have a different effect on her than Genma - that was obvious to everyone now. When her head tilted lightly to the side at his little mocking nickname, he gave her a small smile just to turn her patience even thinner. He decided he'd turn the tables this time around - to be the one in the lead for once. Just this once, goddammit!

"A Moscow mule.", she replied sternly, and her eyes flashed at him the moment she said the words. She let him know that it was dangerous to hit on her here. 

// Fun. //

"Well, give me one of whatever you just called it, then.", he said with a cheeky grin. He was obviously teasing her by sinking his teeth into the challenge she provided for him now. 

"I don't really think that you'd like a Moscow mule, Sir...", she said with her brows tightly knit together, "It's a pretty complicated drink."

"No worries. I like 'em pretty and complicated.", he replied nonchalantly, leaning back into his seat. His words had made her face start to burn bright red. Who knew that he had it in him? For him to end up being this smooth was surely a surprise to both Obito and her.

// Fun, fun, fun! //

"Bad idea.", she sighed, gripping the pen tightly in her hand. She still scribbled down the order, nevertheless, and he caught the sharp movement across the little notebook.

"Nothing bad in a little thrill of complexity.", he replied smoothly, and she immediately fell silent. Still, he could see her teeth sink into her bottom lip, and the sight made his pulse quicken. Turning her head to look at Kakashi - she waited. The blush on her rosy cheeks was fairly easy to catch. 

"I'll have what the birthday boy is having.", Hatake mused, and the others followed suit. She watched the continuous glances to jump from her, and towards the Uchiha. Was it so obvious - the tension to linger between them?

"Birthday boy?", she asked before turning back towards Obito, "It's your birthday?"

"Yeah. Twenty-six, baby. Woo.", he cheered sarcastically, shaking his head lightly. The others chuckled and snickered at his lack of enthusiasm. Asuma patted his shoulder warmly.

"Ah.", she said, "Well, happy birthday... I hope it's a good one."

"It certainly is now... Thank you for that, sweetheart.", he said, and this time she could not help but smile at him before turning to fetch their order with a face burning bright red. 

It was a hesitant little grin she gave him, but for Obito - it was enough.
The night was still young, after all... 

Who knows what it could bring?