// 008 //

AFTER two weeks from the night she had spent at his place, Obito could not seem to get the Senju girl out of his head

AFTER two weeks from the night she had spent at his place, Obito could not seem to get the Senju girl out of his head. He had saved the number she had written down into his contacts - of course he did, and ever since then; the tip of his finger continuously lingered over it to send a text message.

'Come over.', he typed on boresome nights, but never sent it.

'Let me fuck your brains out.', he added on the lonely ones, but deleted it before he actually could.

He didn't think he'd need to ask for a favour from her so soon. As August neared its end, it gave the last proper heatwave of summer - and the big finish was absolutely dreadful. Obito was grateful that he was smart enough to install an air conditioning system into his repair shop last year. Without it, he was sure he'd die of heatstroke underneath the car he was currently tending to.

At the sound of the little ding! coming from the doorbell above the door, he pushed himself on the creeper from underneath the car. Back on his feet, Obito placed the wrench he was holding into the tool belt hitched around his waist. He wiped his hands against his work trousers quickly before turning towards the potentional customer.

"Hey! What can I help you with...?", he spoke with a friendly grin  - as was the job standard. As soon as his eyes fell on the person to stand in front of him however, the grin was fast to fade-out. 

"Oh.", he said, this time with a much more dispassionate tone, "What do you want, Kat?"

// This again? Really? //

Katsumi Ito stared up into the dark eyes of her ex-boyfriend, and could spot the tightly-knit brows and set jaw. Her cheeks reddened slightly at the little nickname he still used for her.  She literally had to force him to grow used to it, and the habit seemingly stuck overtime. As she ran her fingers through her hair - a practice she had when nervous - Obito caught the red flash of her long manicured nails. They were always red. Venomous.

"I just wanted to talk, Obi... You're not replying to any of my texts.", she said and he visibly grimaced at the nickname. Unlike her, he hated it. It made him feel small and incapable - as if she was treating him like a child.

"There's a reason for that.", he said, "And it's Obito."

"Okay, Obito. Can we talk, please? Can you do that?", she sighed, using that same patronizing tone of hers, and it only made him more repelled to the way she still continued to treat him like he was a kid even to this day. He couldn't believe that he had dated this girl. For over a year - at that.

Love is blind, they say. Or perhaps, he was just too stupid to not spot the red flags sooner.

"There's nothing to talk about, Kat.", he spoke, already motioning for her to leave with his hand, "You cheated - multiple times, might I add. Just go. I've got work to do."