// 013 //

OBITO was wasted

OBITO was wasted. 

He didn't know how or when it had happened, but after Rin had refused to join them, the trio stopped at a nearby neon-lit diner for some food. Both Kakashi and Obito had a beer with their burgers. And another one, and right after that; you guessed it - one more. The stupid Hatake only urged him on. Obito wasn't a coward - of course he'd drink a fourth glass if his pride was provoked! And so he did, and Kakashi joined right in.

By the time the Senju had told them that enough was enough; they were both absolutely shit-faced, and loving every second.

And so; the now blurry-eyed Uchiha found himself stumbling up the stairs to his apartment with his arm heavily draped around the pretty next door neighbour's shoulders. She had to drive his car to drop off Kakashi as well as she was the only one sober, and ever since then - she was filled with complaints. He could only giggle at the stern look on her face.

"You're as heavy as a goddamn bear... Ow! Obito!", she groaned when he suddenly slammed her against the wall as he swayed to the side. He was lucky that they'd just reached the top of the stairs when he lost balance. If he had done it a minute earlier, she was sure that they'd tumble straight down the staircase.

"Pure muscle, yeah!", he laughed, and continued to snicker when she pushed him against the wall right next to the door of his apartment. His legs felt soft.

"C'mon, let's get you to bed.", she sighed, searching the pockets of his trousers for his house keys.

"At least buy me a drink first, damn.", he slurred, and felt his tongue twist inside his mouth.

"I think you've had plenty, big boy.", she said.

"I'm a man! A manly man!", he was fast to argue with her.

"Yeah, yeah.", she replied, unlocking the door, "Okay, here we go."

She helped him to his bedroom; sitting him down onto the edge of the bed with a tired exhale. Obito watched as she kneeled down before him then, and when his legs parted seemingly on their own to allow her to get closer, she looked up at him with a perplexed look inside her eyes.

"I'm not on my knees for that, you moron!", she scolded him as soon as the realisation hit her, "I'm helping you with your shoes."

"Oops.", was all he said, and the sarcasm was evident. 

When she looked up at him again, he smiled a crooked grin, and she could feel her face redden. For the first time in her life, she was thankful for the dark. Rather turning her attention back to his boots, she untied the shoelaces expertly. He messily kicked them off his feet.

Suddenly, she felt him cup her face with one hand alone. He tightened his grip - making her lips purse slightly as he forced her to look up at him.