// 012 //

THE next day, Obito stood in front of the Senju girls' door at five o'clock sharp

THE next day, Obito stood in front of the Senju girls' door at five o'clock sharp. As soon as she had opened the door for him, he smiled an anxious grin - the nerves evident to catch. His arm rested behind his back, and he kept looking around at anything but her. She raised an eyebrow at his rather jumpy stature, the arch perfect.

"Yes?", she asked, unsurely.

"Here.", he said quickly, the depth of his voice almost breaking at the simple word. Obito could see her eyes widen slightly as he handed her the small bouquet of tulips he was hiding behind his back.

"Uh... What's this for?", she questioned. She took the flowers despite the hesitancy, and he was pleased. Not that she had much of a choice - he had practically shoved them into her face, after all.

"I told you that I'd make it up to you... For yesterday.", Obito grinned again, scratching the back of his neck sheepishly, "I didn't go with roses, because I know your bitchy ass might get the wrong idea. I m-mean, not that I wouldn't get you roses if you wanted them, but mm... I-... Never mind. This isn't coming out the way I want it to."

She chuckled at the clear embarrassment that made his face start to burn bright red now. Pinching the bridge of her nose, she sighed,

"Do you even know what tulips mean? Probably not, considering you're... Well, you."

"Friendship?", he tried, and as he frowned at the light shake of her head - his nose scrunched up slightly.

"Mm, no.", she hummed, trailing the tips of her fingers over the delicate flowers, "They're a symbol of deep love, actually. The perfect, unconditional kind... Movie crap, basically."

"Oh. Well, I'm sorry...?", was all that Obito managed to say, and the blush on his face only deepened. He was as red as a stop sign by this point. She couldn't fight the small giggle to leave her lips at the sight of him.

"It's okay. I'll take it as a friendly gesture, since you're not really one to be familiar with flower lore. Thank you.", she smiled up at him, "But, you seriously didn't have to, Obito... We just slept together once. It didn't mean anything."

"I wanted to.", Obito said, and stubbornly fought away the pang of hurt at her words, "Anyway... Now probably isn't a good time to ask you to go out with me, is it?"

At his question, he watched her body language jump into defense mode in an instant. Her gaze hardened slightly as she looked up at him, and he could see her jaw clench in place. It was as if she was inching towards slamming the door right in front of his nose.

"I've told you that I'm not looking for anything serious. I don't really date anymore...", she said carefully, and the warmth was gone from her voice now. He guessed that she had bad history with men. 

Obito was naive when it came to love, and terribly easy to manipulate because of it. It didn't take much to make him fall, and when he did - he fell hard, often times for the wrong person. Despite his countless failed conquests, he still never gave up on love. He was sure that somewhere out there was a person meant for him - his very own soulmate. She on the other hand; seemed wary. She wouldn't trust anyone else besides herself to mend her heart - it was obvious to Obito.