// 007 //

SHE woke up first

SHE woke up first. By the time morning came, the storm had calmed down to a faint drizzle, and she slept through it all - surprisingly. From time to time, the sun managed to seep through the parted curtains into a bedroom which did not belong to her. 

Blinking away the last traces of sleep from her eyes, she rubbed them tiredly with the back of her hand. Only when she tried to stretch with a small yawn, did she take notice of the heavy arm draped around her curled up frame. 

In his sleep, Obito Uchiha had managed to turn around and practically wrap his body around her smaller one. She had no idea when it had happened, and had even less of a clue of how she hadn't managed to wake up to catch him doing it. His legs were entagled with her own, the tips of his fingers resting on her bare stomach. He had somehow even managed to pull her shirt upwards just enough to feel the warm skin. 

If he had done it on purpose, she would have scolded him by now. However, feeling his calm breaths tickle the back of her neck in rhythmic exhales assured her that he didn't. The Uchiha was definitely sound asleep. 

Carefully, she traced the tip of her finger over the various tattoos which adorned his arm. She felt his fingers twitch just a little at the ticklish touch before they sank even deeper into her stomach. 

He sighed deeply, mumbling something in his sleep that she couldn't quite catch before he settled back down. He was so warm that she had practically started burning up from his body heat with each passing minute.

Turning her head to the side, she let her eyes rest on his messy hair which was darker than the midnight sky itself. His rosy lips were slightly parted, his cheeks red from the warmth they were sharing underneath the heavy covers. She was so close to him now, that she could count every single one of his long dark eyelashes if she wished. His nose scrunched up slightly as the dream he had changed its course. In his peaceful cat-napping, he looked much younger than he actually was.

She didn't know why she had done it, but she pressed a gentle kiss to Obito's forehead. It's not like he'd ever know.

His grip around her tightened when she tried to pull away from him, and his brows furrowed tightly together in protest. If she wasn't careful, she could risk waking him up. After one more push, he finally gave in. Free to pull herself from his arms, she sat up. 

As her fingers curled around the collar of the t-shirt he had lent her, she inhaled his scent - deeply. If she had to describe it, she'd say that Obito Uchiha smelled rich; reminding her of sandalwood - the notes dark and earthy. If the t-shirt hadn't been freshly washed, she was sure that she'd pick up on traces of smoke on it, as well. Somehow, she couldn't imagine a different scent that'd fit his personality any better. This one suited him, and it was his and his alone. 

She changed into her clothes in front of him, as he was still soundly asleep. Now that she wasn't laying next to him anymore, he had stretched over the whole bed. His legs were long; his shoulders broad - the curve valiant. He was such a big man, and seemingly very selfish with his bed-space if he had it all to himself. She couldn't help but giggle quietly. After brushing her teeth, she was out the door with both the toothbrush and night light inside her hands.

Sweet dreams, Obito.

---

Nearly two hours later, Obito finally stirred awake. He had slept like a bear in the midst of a harsh winter. It took a moment for his dazed thoughts to remind him that for once; he hadn't spent the night completely alone. Eyeing the empty side of the bed where she had slept, the Uchiha was surprised to see his t-shirt neatly folded on the little nightstand.

He was even more puzzled when his dark eyes rested on the yellow sticky note on top of the shirt. Rolling to the side to reach for it, he rubbed his eyes tiredly to focus on the messy scribble of a handwriting;

'I owe ya one. Let me know when. Thanks, ugly!!'

Right underneath the little 'thank you note' - if that was what he was able to call it even, she had written down her number. Obito could not stop the sleepy little grin from tugging the corners of his lips upwards.