2.

'Ella'

I suddenly had a boast of confidence as I walked through the halls once more.

My bag was swinging off my shoulder.

I felt ok. I didn't feel as silent as before.

There was a massive smile on my face when I saw all three of my best friends, stood in the usual place, waiting for me.

"What has you all smiley today?" Luke says, stepping forward and rubbing my still swollen cheek.

"I'm living with my dad" I say, confidently, the smile still plastered on my face. "Only bad part is I have to see my mum every other weekend"

"At least you're with your dad most of the time" Noah says as him and Micky step forward and wrap their arms around me.

"Now, Ella don't be mad, but we told the school about your mum hitting you." Micky says, slowly.

My smile disappears. Just like that.

"No! You didn't! They will take me away from her! She only did it once and it wasn't her fault!" I yell, getting attention from many people in the corridor.

"Ella, love" Noah says, rubbing my back with his palm. "Calm down"

"No!" I try and get out of his hold but he just holds on tighter.

"Ella, we are trying to help you." Luke sighs, playing with my French plait.

"It's not helping!" Saved by the bell, I grab my hair from Luke's hands, where he was playing with it. I walk off, leaving the three boys at the side of the corridor, many people watching the interaction.

I make my way to English, tears streaming down my face. As soon as I get in, I go to my seat and sit down. I run my cheeks, not caring to be gently.

The three boys walk in, along with others filling into the room.

The teacher wasn't paying attention and was writing something on the board.

Then I remember something.

Luke sits next to me in English.

My head shoots up and I see him say next to me, getting his book out, and pen.

Tears are just flowing at this point, making me rub them away harshly with my sharp nails. 

I feel a random pain, in my cheek, just under my eye. When I pull my hand away, blood covered my nail, and finger.

I cuss under my breath and immediately look through my bag to find a tissue.

But before I could find one, Luke grabs my chin gently, and holds a tissue to my swollen cheek.

"Thank you" I whisper in a small voice, not daring to look up.

"Ella" He whispers, pulling the tissue away from my cheek. "We are very sorry but we just wanted to protect you"

"I know, it's ok" I whisper. "Sorry if I over reacted"

"Not at all" He smiles. "You need to be careful with this cheek"

"I was just upset, it was an accident" I mumble, grabbing my book and opening it.

"I know, Ella, when someone talks to you, you need to tell the truth, don't be afraid ok?" Luke lectures, rubbing my thigh under the table.

"Ok" I whisper, putting my attention to my teacher, I did not want another detention today. I was not in the right mood.

About half way into the lesson, someone knocks on the door, my teacher shouts 'come in', rather loudly.

The door opened and there stood a random women that I had never seen before.

"May I borrow Estella Brood please?" She says, softly, looking from the teacher to all the kids.

Luke taps my thigh, so I stand up, trying to ignore all the looks.

"Bring your bag hunny" She smiles at me, making me pick my bag up and swing it over my shoulder. As I walk towards the door, I look at Micky and Noah who just give me a small nod and smile. I smile back slightly, following the women out of the door.

The door shuts, and the women gestures down the corridor. We both begin walking, silent for a moment but then she speaks.

"You probably don't know who I am, but I am the safeguarding leader at this school, Miss Bright" She looks at me.

"She didn't mean it" I speak straight away. "She didn't mean it, she was just mad, I don't need to talk to anyone about it"

"Estella, I have a duty of care, and it is protocol to do this. And I have to help you."

"I don't need help and my name is Ella" I mumble, looking at the floor. She turns into her office and sits down on the sofa that was there, motioning for me to sit with.

"Tell me Ella, why did it take your friends to tell someone?" She asks, a clipboard and pen in her hands.

"They are very protective of me, they see the one hit as a problem, I don't." I try and speak confidently, so they trust me that I'm ok.

"You are very lucky to have them." She smiles, writing something down. "Can you tell me why you think she made contact?"

"They are going through a divorce, they were deciding who would look after me most of the time, I tried to give my opinion and yeah, she hit me. But I don't think it was suppose to be that hard." I say, rather quickly.

"Was your opinion against your mum?" Miss Bright asks me, slowly.

"Nope, mum doesn't have a job, but dad works long hours, so I was worried how much time I'd be alone at home if I lived with dad. But I did say, that I don't think mum would be able to provide for me if she didn't have a job." I sigh. "I guess there is pros and cons about either side"

"Who do you want to live with?" She asks, writing something down again.

"I want to live by myself, but I already know, I'm living with dad but I have to see mum every other weekend."

"Ok"

"Are they going to know that I told someone?" I quiver, my voice shaking slightly at the thought.

"I'm afraid I have to"

'end of 2.'

decided my posting days (: 

Monday & Friday 

Posted: 14.02.22