17.

'Ella'

When I walked through the school gates, I knew I was late because the boys weren't there waiting for me as usually.

The area around my eyes were black. I was up all night on my phone and it was not good. I was crying all night from these stupid girls, but for some odd reason, I couldn't block them. They'd get way more satisfaction if I did that, so I tried to be calm and carried on being strong. Even though it was really hard.

I ended up being about 10 minutes late to my first lesson. Which was English, only Luke was in this class.

I knocked on the door with respect, I heard a come in so I did as the teacher said and opened the door, seeing many teenagers sat behind the desks. I saw Luke's head shoot to the door and he smiles before his eyes settle on my face and he frowns, with his eyebrows crossed.

"Sorry I'm late miss" I immediately say when I enter.

"You're 10 minutes late, Miss Brood. Sit down and see me after school" She snarls at me, giving me the 'annoyed look'.

"Sorry miss" I keep my head down and walk to my seat, sinking into it and hoping that everyone would stop staring at me.

"What's happened, Ells?" Luke puts his hand on my back, I glance across the classroom to see the girls from last night, looking at me with a smirk on their faces.

"Just had a bad night" I mumble, not daring to look in those girls again.

"What happened?" He whispered to me gently.

"Those girls were really horrible to me all night" I whisper in his ear, laying my head on his shoulder.

"Why didn't you block then and not talk to them all night?" He asks me, stroking small patterns on my back with his head.

"I didn't want to give them the satisfaction of that" I whisper.

"You should've blocked them and told me" Luke says sternly, rubbing my back. He doesn't give me a chance to speak before talking again. "Did you sleep at all?"

"Nope" I mumble into him, my face in his shoulder while the teacher wasn't even playing attention.

"Ok, we'll sort this out at the end of the lesson." Luke whispers gently to me, stroking my hair from my forehead against his arm.

"Ok" I mumble, trying to concentrate.

'Luke'

I gently keep my arm around Ella's shoulder as we move throughout the school, I was looking for Micky and Noah.

Once I found them, they crease their eyebrows in confusion at the sight of the tired Ella who was rubbing her eyes.

"What's going on?" Micky says, reaching forward and holds onto her hand gently as she looked up and did a small smile.

"I'll explain later, I'm trying to get me and Ella out of school for the rest of day, are you coming?" I ask, running my free hand through my hair.

"Of course we are coming" They both reply in unison, concern on their faces.

So we make our way to reception. Hoping to get out of school.

My arm was tightly around Ella's shoulder and both of the other boys were standing on the other side of me. We pass a group of girls and I free Ella get pulled away from my grip.

I spin on my heels to see what happened. Emma, Amber and Roxy had Ella pushed up against the lockers, laughing at her, mocking her for her tired eyes.

Micky, Noah and I immediately pull the three girls away from Ella, who had tears running down her cheeks.

"Awww, look your boyfriends are here to save the day" Amber mocks Ella, who sinks to the floor. The crowd around the fight was getting bigger and bigger as we speak.

"Shut up" I yell at Amber, grabbing her collar and pulling her away from Ella.

"Everyone go!" I hear Miss Bright's loud voice shout. The crowd immediately disappears, and Miss Bright fights the crowd along with Mr Stone.

"Amber, Emma and Roxy to my office please" Mr Stone looks at the situation as Micky, Noah and I let go off them and they groan walking away. Ella was still crying, sat against the locker, her on her knees. "Micky, Noah, Luke, get Ella home, she's exhausted. We'll talk about this tomorrow. Miss Bright, can you make sure they can sign out ok?"

"Of course" Miss Bright says slowly.

I gently approach Ella, crouching in front of her and rubbing her shoulders.

"Hey, we are getting you home now ok?" I whisper, she shakes her head. She just wants to sleep and my heart goes out to her. "Want me to carry you?" I offer, putting my hands on her hips softly. She just shrugs. So I take it as a yes.

Lifting her as gently as I can, my hands went underneath her bum as she rested her head on my shoulder. I made sure she was safe in my arms before walking over to the others and walking towards the reception.

'Micky'

Luke gently takes off Ella's shoes as I find a comfortable clothes to change her into.

She had pretty much fallen asleep, and we had changed her clothes so many times. Just like a rag doll.

I find a pair of joggers and a oversized jumper. Noah was downstairs, trying to get through to Ella's dad on the phone.

"Here" I whisper to Luke. "Hey, Ells, we've got comfortable clothes, let's get you changed and you can sleep."

She hums slightly, sitting up and lazily trying to take her jumper off, I help her by taking the bottom of the fabric and lifting it over her head.

Followed by the shirt, bra then the oversized jumper was put over her head. The tights and skirt were taken off, then the joggers were pulled up her legs.

Luke gently lifts the covers of bed sheets up and she crawls underneath and lays her head on the pillow.

"Ella, can I look at you phone please?" Luke whispers, she gently nods and closes her eyes gently.

"Let's go downstairs, let her sleep"

"Good idea"

'end of 17.'

so...i have covid...and i'm meant to being going to alton towers for my birthday next week 

:(

Posted: 5.4.22