44.

~two weeks later~

'Ella'

Things the least two weeks have been stressful, worrying and long.

My mother had been found, finally. About one week after I was taken to hospital, she was found in an boarded up house, that had been abandoned. She had been found because local residents said that they heard noises coming from the house, therefore the police checked it out.

Court was short and sweet, well sweet to me. All five of them appeared in the same court case. Amber, Emma and Roxy got five years in a children's secure house, with no bail. Amber's mother got five years in prison, with no bail or visitations. Whereas, my mother got life for attempted murder with no bail or visitations.

It was sweet because I watched in victory, with my best friends and my dad. With the stupid feeding tube up my nose.

I had to go to court, this was a few days ago, the hospital was not very pleased it was so soon. They believed I need more time, but they compromised. I had to sit in a wheelchair, a small feeding tube coming from my nose and tapped to my cheek. Sitting up straight for that long hurt so bad, my chest was scrunched up and very painful. The feeding tube there because I couldn't keep normal food in.

Then, it was back to the hospital.

It had been two weeks, and still I wasn't allowed home. I begged everyday but they said that I was too weak, and needed support at the moment.

I was mad because they told me that it would be one to two weeks, but it was now the third week.

My mother was in prison, Amber, Roxy, Emma and Christina would be gone for a long time. I was safe now, so I just want home.

The highlight of my weeks have been the hospital garden, I spent a lot of time there, it was the only place Buddy was allowed to be so it's were I like to be.

The door in front of me opens, making myself snap out of my thoughts and focusing on the right here, right now.

"How are you feeling sweetheart?" One of the nurses that check on me every so often enters, grabbing the chart at the end of my bed, looking at it.

"I'm ok, just bored really" I shrug lightly, leaning up against the bed, which had mountains of pillows and soft blankets over. Micky, Noah and Luke had gone a bit crazy with the amount they brought me. 

Micky, Luke and Noah were at school at the moment, and my dad had a job interview this morning. Dad had left his job again, and was getting a very very relaxed, school hours, work from home job. We had got a lot of money from my mum anyway, so it's not like we are finically unstable.

I have no idea where mum got the money, but I would guess it was most likely illegal.

But did I care? Nope.

"Aww, I'm sorry, the only thing I can suggest is the TV" She motions to the small black TV on the stand.

"Yeah, maybe" I say back, playing with the hem of one of the fluffy blankets.

"I'll put it on for you, but first I need to take your temperature, blood pressure and heart rate" I nod, and relax against the pillows again. She does just as she says, telling me all about her week. Which is nice, talking to someone other than the boys are my dad.

As she leaves, she puts the TV on and passes me the remote. I analysis the remote, figuring out what button does what. She leaves after this, telling me to press the nurse's button beside my bed if I needed anything.

Left alone, again.

Despite the shadow of a tall figure outside the glossy windowed door, which I know is the police officer. I don't understand why they still stand outside the door, knowing that the five of them are in prison. Maybe there is something that they aren't telling me.

I'm sure that they won't keep anything a secret to me. Well, I'd hope that they aren't.

For the next few hours, I just lay in bed, watching TV, a show that I've never heard of but was good enough.

As I feel as I could drift into a deep sleep, the door opens, to reveal Luke, Micky and Noah. Noah enters first, then Luke and Micky. The three of them are carrying a bunch of red roses each. They were small bunches, but together were many many flowers.

"Hey princess" The three of them come closer, shutting the door behind them.

"More flowers?" I whisper, shifting my gaze to the almost dead roses in the vase beside me.

"These ones are dead" Luke states the obvious. Putting his bunch of roses on my bed, before grabbing the dead ones are chucking them in the bin.

It takes a fairly long time to position the roses in the vase on the bedside. Seeing as roses, have spikes on the stems. We did our best to avoid them, but doing this caused me to get one stuck in my finger.

Luke grabbed hold of my arm and called a nurse. Bit over-dramatic if you ask me.

She came in, and after she found out why she shook her head.

"Oh Ella, what are we going to do with you, hey?" She mumble, as she use tweezers to remove the spike.  I wince as she removes it and puts a plaster over the small cut on my finger. I thank her quietly and relax on the pillows.

"You are really accident prone ain't you?" The three of them laugh, I sit there with a pout on my lips, laughing after a few minutes. I laugh as well, resulting in a loud coughing fit and throwing up in a bucket that was always beside my bed.

A hand rubs my back and another pulls my hair, holding it so it was wasn't in the way. The three of them whisper comforting words into my ears.

And for a moment, I almost feel better. Better I'm with my friends, and I'm alive.

I feel like...like everything is going to be better from now on.

'end of 44.'

Posted: 6.8.22