9.

'Micky'

The next morning, it was nice walking up to know that Ells was safe and with me.

I think we'd all rather she be with me then at home with her mother.

Today was Tuesday, and hopefully Ella's father would be home tonight, if not before.

The last lesson before lunch was Science. Ella and I were sat next to each other. 5 minutes to the bell, Miss Bright comes in and calls, Ella's, Noah's and Luke's and myself. We all stand, and grab are stuff, myself and Luke comforting Ells, by holding her hands, as we walked. I know, we act like we're in a threesome or foursome, if that is a thing, and most of the time girls say Ella is dating all of us. Which annoys us but not as much her, she just ignores it. We know our place with one another.

She was acting nervous. I could tell by her shaking hands and trembling chin. She looked like she would burst into tears any minute now.

She didn't know what was going on, I think that's what made her nervous.

When we entered the familiar room of Miss Bright's. We see Ella's father sat in one of the chairs opposite the desk.

He stands up and walks over to Ella, who was looking at the floor. He reaches up to her face, lifting her chin.

"Hey" He whispers, in a comforting way. She immediately wraps her small arms around his body.

"Dad" Her voice creaks. "Please help me. Please get me away from mum"

"Ella, I had no idea that she was hurting you, I've seen the pictures. I'm so sorry. Our divorce is going through and I'm appealing for full custody with restraining orders on both of us"

"I love you, dad" She whispers, slowly.

"I love you too angel" He hugs her tightly, before guiding her over to one of the sofas. He sits down with her next to her, each of them holding on for dear life. Not wanting to be away from one another for a second.

The police officer who was sat behind the desk spoke up.

"Right, I've called you in today to discuss what actions we are going to take" He says, smiling slightly at Ella. "Am I right in saying that Mr Brood, you have a house ready for yourself and Ella?"

"I do, I picked the keys up this morning."

"That is amazing, Mr Brood" The police officer smiles at the pair, us three boys were still standing by the door, not knowing the reason we were here. "Right, what we will do is, send a police officer to your house in a little bit. They will just stand outside the house to make sure you are safe." 

"Won't my mum be at home?" Ella asks, everyone looks to her. Not expecting her to speak. 

"No, your mum has run off, we currently have police officers looking, she is an offended after all" The police officer nods, making Ella nod her head slowly. "Right, now that we have discussed the things I need to. I understand that Miss Bright, you have a program set up for Ella, counselling, mental health support ready?" 

"I do, Ella, starting next week, every other or few days we will met, I have a few ideas on how I can help you" She smiles at Ella softly. 

"Can I go to the toilet?" Ella asks, letting go of her father and walking towards the door, not even awaiting an answer.

She was out of the door before anyone could say anything.  

"Shall we follow her?" I ask, looking between the four adults in the room, Micky and Luke. 

"Yeah, good idea" The police officer says. 

Us three basically bolt out the door at a fast pace, going in the same direction that Ella just went in. 

We see her sat against a wall, her back pressed against it. Her head was resting against her knees and the only thing giving away her silent crying was her shaking shoulders. 

Luke, Noah and myself bolt towards her. Luke wrapping his arms around her, kissing the top of her head, whispering sweet nothings into her ears. 

"Ells" Noah coos, trying to encourage her. "It's ok, take a deep breath" 

"I can't do this" She cries, pulling on her hair. I gently ease her ands out of her hair, pressing my lips to one of them. 

"Ella. You can do this. You're dad is in the other room with the police, everyone is going to protect you. You're not alone." I whisper softly. "I know it's scary that your mother is missing, but I promise that everything will be ok." 

"It's so hard, I don't know what is going to happen. I don't know if I'll ever see my mum again and as stupid it sounds I want to see her again. She is still my mum and I feel bad for dad because he loves her and now they are getting a divorce. I wanna go back to being the silent girl."

'end of 9.' 

:) or :(

Posted: 16.3.22