4.

TW - Abuse! Read at own risk!
'Ella'

Before Luke and I start working on our project, I text the group chat, with me and all three boys in.

I apologise and say that I can't go bowling tonight, they all tell me it's ok, and text if there is any updates.

Luke and I begin our project.

He begins to pick up on my nervousness, and decides to stop me doing the project.

I lay in his lap, my head in his lap.

My hair was now down, it was hurting my head before. Luke comforted me by stroking my hair.

"It's quarter to 5, Ella" Luke sighs, knowing he has to leave.

"It's ok, you can go. I'll be ok" I whisper, not moving.

"Ells, I don't want to leave you, I'm worried." He sighs.

"It's ok, I'll be fine and I'll ring you if anything happens ok?" I try and be positive and pray myself that everything will be ok.

"We still have 15 minutes, Ella" He says, twiddling a piece of my hair in his fingers.

"I know"

After 15 minutes, there was a light knock at the door, making me finch slightly. I rub my good eye, then jump of the bed, to open the door.

My mother stands there in a dress, making it look real.

"Hey, sweetheart, how was the project?" She asks me, stepping into the room, to see Luke packing up a few bits and pieces that we had out from when we were doing the project.

"It's ok" I shrug off, feeling really nervous. Luke comes up behind me and puts a hand on my shoulder.

"I'll be off then" He says, a small smile playing on his lips. He wraps his arms around my waist and whispers quietly in my ear. "Text me please"

"I will" I whisper back. He gives me a kiss to the top of my head.

"See you soon, Mrs Brood" Luke says slowly to my mum before taking one last look at me then leaving through my bedroom door.

It is completely silent until we hear the front door, softly close.

I don't dare look up at my mum, who was just stood there.

"I had an interesting phone call with somebody today" She tuts, walking around me and sitting down on the bed. "With somebody called, Miss Bright. Do you know who that is?"

I shake my head slowly, still not looking up.

"Don't you dare lie to me Ella!" She shouts, making me flinch and look up. "I know you spoke to her! You tell me who told her about me hitting you?" She shouts again, not daring to look up.

"Nobody told her, they noticed my eye" I lie, trying to save my best friend's backs.

"Why didn't you cover it up?" She shouts very loudly, towards me.

"I did! It is purple, red and brown. It was really hard to cover it up!" I shout back.

"Estella! Don't you dare shout at me!" She shouts back, getting off the bed and making her way towards me.

You know I'm in trouble when I get called Estella. I hated my real name.

"I'm sorry" I slowly back away until my back hits the wall. She walks faster towards me, putting each one of her hands on either side of my head. "I'm sorry" I whisper.

"You know I might not never be able to see you again" She mumbles.

"That won't be so bad" I gasp after I realize what I said.

She moves both of her hands to tightly pressed around my neck. I gasp for breath as I feel impact and her cold fingers pushing against my windpipe.

"Take that back" She spits at me. Pushing hard and hard.

I shake my head in her hold as much as I could.

"The quicker it takes you, the more this will hurt" She spits before slapping my other cheek hard.

"I'm sorry" I wince from the pain in my cheek.

"Take it back" She shouts in my face.

"I take it back" I cry, tears rolling down my cheeks.

"You're pathetic" She throws me on the floor. She was very strong, compared to me. My small body hit the carpeted floor hard, my head hitting the bed post. "I'm so glad that you are staying with you dad after we get our divorce. You are pathetic."

Then she storms out. My breathing is heavy, and rapid.

There was a really loud bang, the front door had slammed.

Immediately, I reach for my phone, trying my best to locate the item that was on my bed. Once I felt for it, I brought it to my face. The bright screen lighting my eyes, making me squirt at the brightness. I keep one hand on my throbbing neck and the other my phone in it.

I find the first persons name in my contacts; Luke.

Pressing the button softly, I place the cold device to my ear. It rings a couple of times before Luke's voice comes through the phone.

"Ells, hey"

"L-luke" My voice comes out scratchy and shaky.

"Ella? What's happened? Are you okay?" He asks.

"C-can you come to mine, please?" I ask in small whisper, rubbing my neck softly.

"I'm on my way" He says, quickly. "Stay on the phone with me, love"

"Hurry please" I gasp out, trying to breath properly.

"I'm coming, Ells, just focus on your breathing" He whispers, panting, most likely running here.

It's a few minutes before Luke comes running into my room, taking the phone out of my hand and putting it next to my head.

"What happened?" He whispered, rubbing his fingers over my cheek which was most likely bruised from the hit.

"I lied to her" I whisper, my head rolled to the side to look at him. "I wanted to protect you guys" He gives me a small smile. "She said that I might get taken anyway from her and I-I said that it wouldn't be too bad, it just came out then" I break off with a loud sob making a shooting pain through my neck.

"Hey" Luke puts his hand to my head, his thumb on my temple. "Take a breather sweetheart"

"She hurt my neck, and hit my cheek and threw me down and I hit my head, it hurts" I wince and cry, trying to sit up.

"Ells, don't sit up, lay down" He holds my shoulders before grabbing his phone and ringing someone. "Noah, come to Ella's" A few moments pass of me staring at the ceiling, I hear. "Micky, come to Ella's" He puts his phone away and strokes my cheek. "The other's are on their way."

"Ok"

'end of 4.'

Posted: 25.2.22