33.

TW - Animal Abuse! 

'Ella' 

I was so glad that the first week of me being at school went well. 

There was no interactions with Amber, Emma or Roxy and I was so happy. Buddy understood the school. And how things work. 

He had more experience of me, and my anxiety. There had been a few slip ups. I was in pain for a couple days with my arm and at one point I had to lay down in matrons office to overcome a rush of dizziness. 

But apart for that it was all good. 

Mr Stone and Miss Bright had been amazing. As per usual. Mr Stone allowed me to sit away from everyone else in assembly with Buddy, Miss Bright was really helping me with my mental health again. 

But there was something. 

Something just pulling me to be the silent girl again. 

I don't know what it was. But I was guessing anxiety.  

There was one thing playing on my mind. 

'Our mummy's have plans and we are still visiting your mummy'

That was playing over and over again in my head. 

But my mum was in prison for 5 years, she can't get out, right? 

She can't. 

I need to shake this out of my head and focus on my school work. I can do this. 

But today was Tuesday and I was in for my normal two lessons this day. Science and English. 

I was amazed that Luke had finished the project all by himself from English. He gave me credit as well which surprised me seeing is I didn't really do anything. And by the end of this outro speech, tears were rolling down my cheeks. 

"Now, I know that my partners name on here is as a surprise. Everyone has heard the rumours about what has happened to my best friend. I'm not saying it's true nor not true. But my best friend, Ella Brood, has kept me going when working on this project. She has helped though my motivation so Ella" Luke turns to me with a smile. "Thank you" 

Everyone claps except myself who is wiping the tears with my sleeve. And of course, Amber, Roxy and Emma. They had been 'moved out of my class' but they hadn't. All other classes they had but there was no room in the other classes so I had to part up with them in this one. 

The teacher was smiling at me. She hated me before all of this happened to me. 

"Well done Luke and Ella. I will give both of you some achievement points for that amazing piece of work" She says, Luke walks back over to me and the next group gets up. And to my dismay, it's three people that I hate most. Amber, Roxy and Emma. 

"Welcome to our version of the 'The Silent Girl'" Amber says, gesturing to the board their PowerPoint slide, saying this. "In this presentation, we will use our English knowledge unleash the story of 'The Silent Girl'" 

My breathing hitches and Luke looks over to me. 

"This is about me" I try and stop the tears but they roll anyway. From underneath the table, I feel two paws on my knees, I look down to see Buddy, doing his job and helping me from having a panic attack. Wow, this dog is good. 

"These are photographs of the type of silent girl" Roxy smirks at me, my eyes travel to the board. There are a few photographs. I recognize them. They are photographs of me. My mother hurting me. Photos of myself hurting myself through the open window. The boys comforting me. Me in the pond. The teacher's eyes shoot to mine. Then she franticly shoot back to the girls. Who are laughing. 

"Your exposed now, Ella Brood" Emma smirks at me, laughing along with the rest of them. Our teacher turns the board off and looks to the others. 

"Sit down" She spits at them, they do as told and sit but carry on laughing. "Ella, Luke" She waves us towards her, encouraging us to come up there. 

We do, tears trickling down my cheeks. I grab Buddy's lead and harness. Luke grabs both of our bags and carry them to  the front. As I walk passed the three girls. Two legs come out from under the table. 

One trips me up. Making me fall to the ground with a small thud. 

And one kicks Buddy. Making him bark once. 

No. 

Everyone gasp around the room. 

Buddy immediately nuzzles into my neck to get me up. Luke crouches and holds my arm trying to help me up. But I'm quicker, I get up and brush my skirt down, making sure it covered my areas. And I turn to the three of them. 

"You know, you can hurt me physically, mentally and emotionally. Whatever. But kicking a dog? That's sick" I yell, getting angry. Luke grabs my arm and tries to pull me away but I pull away from him. They smirk back and Buddy climbs up my leg to also get me away. "I don't care anymore. Hurt me but if you touch my dog again. I promise I won't be afraid to hurt you. He's an animal. You are animal abusers. Think about that" I yell again before walking out of the room with a sob leaving my lips. 

Once I'm out the door, I fall down the wall. 

A panic attack coming on. Buddy climbs on my gently and gives me a hug. I love it when he does this. Luke sits next to me and wraps an arm around my shoulder. 

"It's ok" He whispers. "Ella, you stood up to them" I pull back and wipe my tears slowly. Buddy lets go of me and licks my face, making me giggle slightly. 

"Buddy, are you ok?" I stoke his head gently. I then move and check his leg where he was kicked. "There is nothing there, bark if your ok" 

He barks. And I sigh in relief. 

It's so smart that dogs can understand people talking.

I just wish I could understand why people are doing this to me... 

'end of 33.'

im sorryyy

~P

Posted: 14.6.22