27.

TW - SH

'Micky' 

The next couple of weeks were a bit crazy for all of us, meaning, myself, Luke, Noah, Ella's dad and of course, Ella. 

Ella was struggling like hell. 

She had serious anxiety and depression, and was still going through the phrase of not speaking to anyone. 

Jim, Ella's dad, had got her a private therapist out of school, who was trying, he tried really hard. But Ella still hasn't said one word to him, she nodded a few times but that is as far as she will go. At the moment at least. 

Myself, Noah and Luke were doing as much as we could, being with her afterschool and the evenings, with school and Ella, it was difficult to manage. Our own emotions and thoughts were spirally into to Ella, as much as we tried to stop this. 

Today was Ella's sixteenth. 

Jim had planned the afternoon. After school, myself, Luke and Noah were going to their house, hoping that she would talk, maybe open some presents and have a nice evening. 

Now we were going to Ella's house, out of our school uniform and carrying bags of presents. When we knocked on the door, Jim opened the door, greeting us and inviting us in. 

"She's upstairs and won't come down" He says slowly, once he had shut the door behind the three of us. 

"We'll go see her in a minute, we brought the presents." I tell Jim, making the other two boys nod. 

"See what I've done" Jim beams with a small and gestures to the living room. We follow him, wanting to see what he had done. 

Inside the living room was a massive sixteen balloon in a navy blue, white and navy blue clusters of balloons, navy and white banners, presents gathered on the coffee table, a cake in the middle of the coffee table. Jim was looking happy with his outcome. 

"I'm going to order her favourite pizza for dinner and I just hope she is ok with this. You know what she is like with attention." Jim mumbles, looking at the room he had decorate.

"We'll go see her" We dismiss ourselves and run upstairs, not too loud, we didn't want to scare Ella. 

By the time we reach Ella's bedroom, she was sat at her desk, her computer in front of her, doing something. 

"Hey Ella" We all go over to her, taking it in turns to give her hugs, in being awkward from her sitting suit in her desk chair. "Happy Birthday Ella" We all smile and I kiss her head, in which she looks at me. I give her a small smile and when I see her tired, bags of her eyes. My eyes travel to her outfit, and for a moment, everything stops. 

She's wearing a long sleeve top. She hates long sleeves tops. Says it makes her arm hair stand up and feel weird. 

I push it out of my head and decide to talk to Jim before Ella but hopefully it isn't want I think it is. 

"Are you going to come down with us?" Noah asks, putting a gentle hand on her back. 

She nods anxiously and stands up, for a moment we think she is going to walk out the door but she walks over to her bedside. She blocks our view but she is getting something out of it. 

Whatever this object is, she hides it in her sleeve for a moment. Turning around she walks back to us, she stops in front of us and pulls out the object. 

A lighter. 

"Please don't tell my dad" She mutters, holding in front of herself. "Get rid of it for me" 

"Ok" I immediately take the lighter from her and hide it in my pocket. "Can we see?" 

Her eyes glossed over and she looks down to her covered arms. 

"I- umm, please don't tell him, he's stressed about me and I don't want to make things worse." She says in her soft, light voice before pulling up one of her sleeves, there was a thin bandage covering the arm, she unwraps it slowly, taking a good one minute to do so. Underneath was a large burning red and purple mark, she hisses and covers it back up quickly. Taking less time.  "Sorry" She mumbles before walking out through her opened door bedroom. 

We all look at each other for a minute before following her, down the stairs. She is stood in the living room, a real smile on her face. 

"And this is all for me?" She asks her dad, who was smiling bright at her, his eyes switching from her to us behind her. 

"All for you, princess" He confirms, coming over to her and wrapping both his arms around her in a hug. "I love you so much" 

"I love you too, dad" Her voice breaks and he pulls away away to hold her cheeks. 

"Hey, don't cry" He mumbles to her, trying to be quiet but we are here her anyway. 

"I'm so happy" She says softly, and we all smile. 

Today is going to be a good day, but I had one thing on my mind. Ella's arm. 

'end of 27.'

:(

i hope you enjoying this book...even though it is a little bit negative. 

recently, so many countries are reading this story, I look often but i just realised. that i don't care who reads it. (i do really am grateful for everyone reading) but guess what? i'm happy, i love writing and ready. this is my escape. 

and you guys, are part of my reasons. thank you for everyone i'm very very grateful :) 

do more of what you love x

Posted: 11.5.22