48.

~two months later~

'Ella'

"Ella, I'm very happy with these results, it seems as your body is getting stronger by the day. I would like to prescribe some different medicine, a lower amount than you have been having. I think that you are doing much better." The doctor tells me, I was sat in a chair in front of one of the doctors that has been taking care of me. My dad was right beside me, holding my hand in his giving it a squeeze every once in a while, to let me know that I was ok. 

"That is good to hear, her physical therapy is going amazing too. She can walk quite well now, is now the right time to reduce the wheelchair?" My dad says, taking his gaze from me to the doctor, awaiting his response. 

"If Ella is feeling confident and comfortable with walking, maybe now is the right time. But, things like this need to be gradual. Like if you are going somewhere when you will be walking for a long time, take the wheelchair with you so you can have a break. But, if you therapist is happy with the no wheelchair, then so am I." The doctor explains, giving me a small smile at my progress. "Is there anything else you'd like to talk about?" 

"I don't think so, Els?" My dad turns his head to me, in which I shake my head in shyness. 

"Great, if you need anything, you know where to find me or call me for anything." He tells the pair of us, smiling gently. "You take it easy, Ella" 

"Thank you" My dad says for me, standing up, taking my arm in his hand, leading me from the chair. "See you soon, bye bye" 

"Bye" The doctor says, just as my dad and I left the room together. 

"That is a very good outcome" My dad smiles, holding my hand tightly. "Very very proud of you darling" 

"Thanks dad, can we go home? I think I need a nap, I'm really tired." I whisper to him, putting most of my weight on him. 

"Oh of course baby, you've had a long morning." He says to me gently, putting a kiss on the top of my head. 

~at home~

Luke, Micky and Noah had come over for dinner, but I wasn't hungry nor was I feeling good. 

My dad and the boys were in the kitchen prepping the dinner, the one I had no plan on eating. I tried to persuade them not to make me some, but they were going to force it down my throat and I know that. 

I was standing in front of my mirror, fixing my hair, which had been messed up from laying in bed for a few hours. 

I had a massive scar on my chest that was very painful when moving. It was huge. And there was no end in sight, the doctor had explained that this scar will last a lifetime and will not go over time. 

There was a small knock on my downstairs bedroom door, followed by a, "Ells, can I come in?" 

I realized the voice as Luke's masculine voice. 

"One sec" I called out to him, making sure that my hair was fixed and I was wearing nice clothes, not pyjamas like normal. I wanted to make them happy, even though I felt like I could throw up any minute. "You can come in" I say, just as I grab my mascara and flutter it across my eyelashes. 

Luke enters and gently smiles at me. 

"Glad you are feeling a bit better" He says gently, coming closer to me. "Why are you putting mascara on?" 

"Why not?" I chuckle, doing my second eyelashes. 

"Els, you don't need it to look pretty." Luke tells me, leaning against my desk, putting his hands on his lap. 

"Mhm, I like it" I shrug, putting the cap on and putting it on my make-up table. "It makes me feel more like my age, and right now, all I want is, is to feel normal." 

"I get that." He shrugs, standing up and coming to me, standing right in front making me look up at him. His eyes shift from my eyes to my lips, then back to my eyes. 

"Luke" I mumble, when he looks at my lips again. I look down to my sock covered foot.

"Sorry" He steps back a tiny back, but reaches onto my shoulder, pushing my hair behind my ear. "Are you coming down for dinner?" 

"Yeah, I'm going to try" Luke takes hold of my hand tightly, before walking downstairs with me, slowly and gently. 

Walking still hurt sometimes, especially going downstairs. 

"Hello baby girl, how are you feeling?" Dad comes to me, bringing me away from Luke and bringing me into his arms.

"I'm okay, feeling a bit sick but I am going to try and eat." 

'end of 48.'     

triple update :)

Posted: 24.8.22