26.

'Ella'

My dad and I walk slowly up the paved driveway, seeing three bikes leaned against the side of the house.

The boys were here. (They all had keys, to let themselves in.)

When our front door was opened, the boys come running to it, rushing around the corner to meet us by the door.

They stood there, small smiles on their faces as my dad looks the door behind us.

"Hey" All three of them gently pull me into a hug, holding me tightly. Probably knowing that I wasn't doing too great at the moment.

"Hi" I say quietly as they pull away.

"Pizza?" My dad asks, checking that everyone was happy with the choice of dinner. We all agree, and I take my coat and shoes as the boys and my dad talk.

"I'm going for a quick shower" I mumble, taking small steps up the stairs as I feel hard stares on my back.

'Jim'

"She's ok" I mumble, walking into the kitchen. Micky, Noah and Luke following me like dogs, wanting to listen to everything I say.

"She's gone quiet" Luke mumbles to me.

"Yeah, I know." I pause, grabbing the phone to ring the pizza company. "I had a phone call from Mr Stone about it, saying she got sent out of her first lesson. He and Miss Bright are really worried about her, they are really annoying me with a suggestion."

"Like what?" Noah asks me, leaning against the counter.

"Suggesting a mental rehab" I mumble, dialling the phone number.

The boys stare at me in pure horror and shock of what I have just told them but by the time any of them can speak, I'm talking on the phone.

'Ella'

When I come out of the bathroom, my hair in wet plaits, just lazily wearing some joggers and a jumper, seeing as it was cold right now.

The boys were sat on my bed, talking in a low voice. I walk by them and sit at the desk, grabbing my new concealer that my dad brought me a few days ago.

I run a line underneath my red, puffy eyes. Trying to cover up the fact that I had cried in the shower non-stop.

Before going in to meet with my mother, I convinced myself that I wouldn't get upset or let her get to me.

But my mother, did the exact opposite of what I was hoping she would do.

I was kinda hoping she'd apologise, I would not accept an apology about it but I would like to hear her. But instead she used it as a moment to mess me up with her words again.

"Ella" Noah walks over to me putting a hand gently on my shoulder. I move away, getting off my desk chair and walking our of the door. I slowly descend the stairs, really wanting to stay in my bedroom but the boys were in there and I didn't want to talk.

When I reach the kitchen, my dad was setting placemats and plates out on the table, obviserly getting ready for the pizza.

"Oh sweetheart" My dad walks over to where I was standing playing with the end of my jumper.

"Dad" I croak, finally breaking down into his arms as he holds me tightly, kissing my head a couple of times.

"It's ok" He rocks me back and forwards slightly, trying to help me calm down.

"Dad" I pull back. "I-I don't want to go to school anymore" I croak, saying one of things on my mind.

"Are you sure?" He gently holds my arms, looking down at me.

I nod slowly.

"I really don't want to go back there again" I pause, reaching up and touching my head. "And I have a headache."

"Come sit down baby" He says, leading me over to a dining chair, letting me sit down while he grabs a glass of water and a couple of pills. Placing them before me, I slowly take them. Hoping they'd get rid of this pain in my head. He then sits in the chair to the left of me, his hand resting on my knee as he looks at me with very concerned look.

"I'm fine" I mumble, rubbing at my eyes.

"I'll ring the school tomorrow morning, say you are taking a break for a few weeks then we'll try again?" He asks me, making it sound like he was telling me that this is what I was going to do. 

"Ok, I'll try" I whisper, for the sake of my dad and my friends. 

All I never wanted was to make my dad and friends happy. 

'end of 26.' 

uploads are going to get a little bit further apart, i am spending most of my time revising for my gcses! 

love you all so much :) 

~P

Posted: 6.5.22