Chapter 2.

SEBASTIAN

I adjust my doctor coat, as I approach the small place where our patients are usually received. It's a small hall with two chairs and one table that is reserved for a doctor and a patient in the emergency situations such as this one before they should be taken to the office of the therapist who received them. I narrow my eyes to see who is our patient today, but I don't get to see anything properly, except for a short fat man who is standing in the corner, frowning and hugging himself, squeezing his coat. I glance at Conor, and notice that his eyes aren't focused on me at all, but on the two male nurses who are wrestling with someone. 

Oh, no was this some fight that should be handled by police instead as it usually is, and I never used to understand why these cases are sent to us. This happened too many times, and I'm more than familiar with it since this hospital also contains a small, but important asylum where very complex persons are being held. So, yeah we do get a couple of very interesting cases, though, as I've said most of them are for the police, and not doctors, but I get why that would be a mistake. I sigh, trying to gain some energy to handle this as a professional should. 

But just as I open my mouth to ask the scared man what happened, the person who is being watched by my best friend, screams, and my head snaps to him. Except it's not him. It's her. A girl roars and twists the arm of the male nurse that is trying to keep her still, and I struggle to see her features, only recognizing a couple of brown strands of hair that are flying as she tries to punch the nurse whom she knocked down, but the other one grabs her wrist before she can throw any punch and twist it so that she screams.

"Guys, I think that's enough!", I try to overcome the girl's screams, and the heads of the nurses snap to me, confused. 

"But dr. Tomlinson...."

"Sebastian, really let them handle her", my best friend suggests next to me, and I just shake my head, pouting my lips. "Guys, give her 20 mg of...."

"No!", I snap and turn to him. This isn't happening the first time. Conor and I had some conflicts about patients before. He is more of type of the doctor that oughts to do things quickly, not devote himself to the patients as I do, and intents to discharge them as soon as possible, so he can devote to himself. 

Don't get me wrong I'm not suing him or anything, but I'm on duty now, so this girl is my problem now, and he can jump in and tell me what to do, even though I know that he just wants to help, and advice me, knowing how much the shelter that I head to go means to me. I love animals so much and I connect to them so quickly, and with them, I find daily peace, that we all seek, that I try to help all my patients to find. 

"What do you mean no?" He frowns, and I throw a glance at the girl who is knitting her eyebrows, panting heavily, her chest moving up and down, and even though I still can't see her face vividly, covered with the hair, I can sense a death glare coming from the eyes that are hidden behind the brown branches of her strands.

"I simply mean no. Guys, let her go, this is not a place where we wrestle with patients", I simply state, scolding the young nurses who share a glance, hesitating what to do, still gripping the girl's thin body that is dressed poorly in some olive jacket, and black leggings.

"Sebastian, you know I always support you, but..." I don't get to hear the rest of his speech, because I managed to catch how she is eyeing the door that has just opened, and a janitor walks in. I know exactly what is on her mind.

I lean to whisper in Conor's ear, "Once I tell them to let her go, you get ready to lock the door. That is the only thing I need you to do, okay?"

He sighs and shakes his head. "As you say, doc."

I gesture for the nurses to let her go. "Let her go, I said."