Chapter 10.

SEBASTIAN

"I-in y-your house?", the aggressive girl stammers, pointing her shaky finger at me. I nod, and she turns her head, scanning the small hallway, where my now dry coat is resting, the one I struggled to take off while having her in my arms.

Does she remember anything from the last night? 

Would she even believe me if I told her that we were sleeping on the same sofa while holding hands? I don't think so. 

"I...", I get cut off by Esther who turns her little and slim body to the door and starts punching it with all strength she has and to be honest I didn't know she had such strength. Especially after the breakdown, she had last night. Not even I would have this strength if I screamed from the bottom of my thro... heart.

"Help", she shouts between punching. "Someone help! I'm trapped her..."

I grab her waist and turn her to me, pressing my palm on her mouth. Her eyes widen and just now I notice how there is something dark underneath her eyes. Make-up? I don't know, but it's not dark circles, she has slept enough. Peacefully

"You will wake up my neighbors", I hiss, lowering my voice as if someone could actually hear me. I have no idea what time it is and because of this aggressive and childish creature, I can't see. 

"Wet me gov", she mumbles and I sigh in her face, pressing my palm on her mouth.

"If you promise to be quiet and not bang on the door."

"You waped mw."

I shake my head. She is unbelievable. "I didn't rape you, Larsson. But I get why would you think that. I will explain everything if you promise to shut up and be quiet for a while. For the whole time", I quickly correct myself.

She shakes her head. Goddamit. I place my hand on her waist, and she tries to set herself free, and just as I can sense that her knee was heading in direction of my crotch I place my leg between her thighs. 

God, if someone would come in now, they would probably decipher this wrongly. Even I would.

"You wouldn't dare", I hiss. "I saved you from the rain. I...", I stop-midsentence. "God, this was so easier when you were asleep."

"Wat me go", she repeats,  growling in my palm.

"Only if you promise to be quiet", I repite my demand, as well.

She rolls her eyes and nods. "Promise?" She nods again, and I grab her by her waist, already knowing that she is lying. I think I learned how the mechanism called Esther Larsson works. 

"HEL...", I cover her mouth again, and she tries to bite me, but I push her to the door, and press her body with mine. 

"You think I'm stupid?" I growl in her face, irritated. "I knew you would lie to me, Esther. And here I was carrying you through the rain, scared that you would catch a cold. You are unbelievable, ungrateful", I spit, and her eyes widen, but when I catch the tear forming in them, which I can perfectly see since I'm practically breathing in her face, I close my mouth.

Her chest starts moving up and down and I glance at it, parting my lips. I lift my gaze to her when I sense the way she is biting the inner side of her cheek. What did I say that triggered her?

You are ungrateful.

"Let me go, Sebastian", she begs, and if it wasn't for her deep and extremely low voice I would never realize that I have pulled my hand from her mouth.

And as if my name coming from her lips was the key to everything, I immediately unwrap my arms from her thin waist, and not knowing what will happen soon, I stupidly wait and stare at her with an excited, though scared, as well, face expression.