Chapter 14.

SEBASTIAN

After I had stopped punching the wall of the building right next to mine, I returned outside.

Just when I stepped into the elevator, I noticed that my feet were bare and that I was wearing my pajama that consisted of black shorts and a V-neck olive T-shirt. It doesn't matter really what I was wearing, but right now my mind is scattered to all places and I don't know what to think, let alone to do. I need a coffee and breakfast, but after Esther's outburst I don't have an appetite nor do I want to eat without her. No, not without her, I just feel don't like eating anything right now, yes. 

When the elevator rings and opens its door automatically I step out of it, completely sad and still breathless. I need to work out a little bit since I am that person who doesn't need to go to the gym to look good, and surprisingly Conor would always complain about it, how he needs to take care of what he eats as if he doesn't screw that all up by just drinking alcohol, I see angry Mrs. Hamliton waiting for me with crossed arms against her chest.

Not now, please not now, I think I said.

"What was that Sebastian?", she squeaks, and I walk past her, heading to my apartment.

"Not now, Sydney", I call her by her first name, meaning to make some kind of intimacy and explain it to her that I don't... can't talk right now. 

"Don't you Sydney me!", she exclaims, and I close my eyes, sighing, leaning my head on the door of my apartment. The ones that I have opened meaning to see my best friend, yet the girl I saved from last night has escaped. The ones I shouldn't have opened, and I should have left Conor beg me to open them because that is how I thought it was. If I knew that was Mrs. Hamliton I would never open.

Lie, I would.

I wouldn't if I knew that Esther would take that as an opportunity to escape.

But to be honest, I didn't know that she would escape. She looked so embarrassed, so sorry when she heard the knocking on the door, and I thought that she would stay. Why did I think that, I don't know. I really don't know. Looks like that in her presence I don't know what to do, think or either say, let alone I know something about her. I'm so clueless when it comes to the girl who claims that she did something to her father that matters more than everything he had done to her. If her had done anything. I don't know, like I've said, I'm completely clueless. 

"Not now... Mrs. Hamilton", I hiss her name and turn to look at her over my shoulder. My cold marble under my bare feet is all I feel next to anger and sadness. 

"You broke my Dios glasses!", she points her index finger at me and I shake my head, gulping a scoff that was at the edge of getting out of my mouth.

"Mrs. Hamilton, I'm so sorry, but I don't really care at the same time", I grin, but quickly turn to being serious again. What is up with me? I would never confront my neighborhood. And what a neighbor. "But because of you..."

"Because of me what?", she cuts me off. "The girl with whom you had sex escaped! Then she must be a really important one if she ran away from..."

"She is not the girl with whom I have sex!", I roar like an animal. "She is my patient."

"Oh, so  you bring your patients to your house now, Sebastian?"

Way to go, Sebastian. Now she knows what you did and now she can report you. WAy to go, way to go. She can tell... This could come to Ethan, my superior. And then I could lose my job. Esther, what the hell are you doing to me? You entered my life, without wanting to do so, and turned it upside down. How? I need to know, so I can put it back in place like it was. 

Can my life come back to what it used to be before Esther entered it like a tornado, coming through those doors of the hospital, punching and cursing everyone, wrestling like a boxer?

I hope so.

"I... She was hurt and I found her... That is none of your business, Mrs. Hamilton. But she is seriously ill and she could harm herself, and now I can't help her because of you."

"I don't care."

"I didn't mean that you did", I say nonchalantly and press the hand on my knob and enter my apartment leaving her with a wide-open mouth. 

I lean on the closed door, and wonder should I fall against them just like Larsson did, when she felt dizzy. I decide against it and go into the living room. The scent of the omelet I made can still be smelled in it, and I just shake my head. I will clean that later. Now, I need to take care of something else. Someone else. 

A/N

Short, very short chapter I hope you don't mind. In the next one Conor is making an appearance