Chapter 5.

SEBASTIAN

I roll my sleeves, trying to button them underneath my doctor coat. I rest my elbows on the desk, glancing at the watch on my wrist.

7:55.

She will come. I know she will.

The knock on the door snaps me, but I know it's not her. She would never knock. If not she would probably kick the door and march in telling me that she hates coming here, so to finish this as soon as possible.

Ava walks in, smiling kindly at me. I return it and stretch my hands to take the coffee that she is bringing.

"Ugh, you are a life saver, honestly!", I groan, wrapping my arms around the warm cup. "Your coffee always wakes me up from dead."

She chuckles, tilting her head, "Isn't it like that, dr. Tomlinson?"

"Ugh", I groan again, "will you ever break that habit of calling me, doctor?"

"But isn't that what you are?" She raises her eyebrow, and I take a sip of the black coffee. Amazing. She tugs the black strand of the hair that escaped her long tight ponytail that swings with each step she takes and honestly my head hurts from how tight it is. I don't know if hers hurts too.

"I am, but...", my sentence gets cut off by Conor's abrupt entrance.

"Avaaaa", he drags her name, groaning, and falls straightaway on the sofa next to the desk. "Coffee, please. I'm dying."

I scoff, shaking my head, glancing at the kind nurse who just laughs, already used to this. This happens... well, let's say, every week at least.

"Dying", my best friend murmurs, waving his arm in the air, weakly, as if he had a white flag in sign of surrendering, "such a terrible hangover."

"Conor!", I exclaim, and he jumps from the bed immediately.

"Yes, yes, yes?" He turns around confused, not realizing what the hell is going on.

"Why did you party the whole night again?"

"I didn't", he lies, rubbing his eyes like a child. Ava lets out a short laugh, and my lips curl in a grin, too, when I look at her briefly, seeing how she is covering her mouth.

"Then what happened?"

"Oh, so many things, Seb", he smirks, amused. "But you wouldn't like to know."

"I bet I wouldn't", I mutter under my breath. "Here take it." I hand Ava my coffee mug so she can give it to him. "Ava will make me another one, okay?"

"Of course, d.... Sebastian", she corrects herself just when I open my mouth to scold her, and she smiles nicely.

"Oh", Conor grunts, "thank you bro. I owe you, but", he slurps the coffee, moaning and licking his thin lips that are lost in the beard, "don't you owe me, actually?"

"I don't owe you anything."

Ava's eyes dance between us two, trying to understand what are talking about, so I turn to her, explaining:

"Conor and I made a bet about that girl who came yesterday.  I know, sick, but it wasn't my idea." I lift my arms in the air, justifying. "I swear."

"I know who here likes to gamble, don't worry Sebastian", she assures me, and smirks, turning to Conor. He snaps her eyes at her, boring them in hers the way he does when he seduces women, and she immediately averts the gaze, pink shade covering her cheeks.

"Of course you do, Ava, don't you, now?", he teases her, wiggling his eyebrows and I frown, darting my eyes between him and her, noticing some kind of weird energy, connection really, if not even chemistry.