Chapter 36.

SEBASTIAN

I run past the guy at the reception, then I come back to him, fighting the urge to grab his collar, and shake his body as if he did something bad to Esther. You need to calm down, Sebastian, not every person who appears now in front of you has to do something with Esther's state.

"Where is she?", I scream at him, not being able to fight that urge, at least.

"Who, sir?"

"Esther." I say as if he knows her name. Then I shake my head, remembering this. "Where is the girl for whom you call me? I'm Sebastian."

"Oh, yes, sir, she's inside." The young boy guides me to the living room. I already know this place by my heart, I've been here more than once.

I run to it before him and fall on my knees as soon as I see a little girl who is crying, sobbing, pushing everyone from her, with her bruised forehead, and torn turtleneck that shows her bra.

"Esther."

"Sebastian!", she squeaks my name, and before I can realize what she's doing, she falls in my arms, and I welcome her, wrapping my arms around her thin waist, and pulling her to my chest. She wraps her legs around my hips, and I place her on my lap, as I sit on the floor.

"You came." She pulls away from me, and a soft smile appears on her face. I think this is the first time she's happy to see me. "You're here." Her bruised lip is trembling, but she pulls it in a smile again, before she squeezes me in a hug, with her arms wrapped around my neck.

"I am, sweety, I am." I caress her back and rock us back and forth to comfort her. She starts crying softly. "Shhh, I came, no one will hurt you now."

I get up with her and sit on the couch on which she was sitting before she threw herself into my arms. She is shaking, and I stroke her messy head. I pull her away from me to study her face.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt? Where did he touch you?" I move the strands of her hair, and she winces. "Sorry, I just want to know if he..."

"No, I e-escaped", she stammers, and I again study her soft expression. She's never been this vulnerable in front of me except for that time when I had to give her a tranquilizer. And two days ago when she started crying, but never like this. And simultaneously she's happy, too. "This place was the closest to come. The hospital was too far away to ran, and I was..."

"What? Did he hurt you somewhere?" I take her hands in mine and glance at her body. Her clothes are torn, and I don't even glance at her bra that is covering her small breasts.

"No, no, I..." I touch her bruised lip, and she winces again.

"Let me take care of this. Bring me..." My eyes fall on a ginger girl who is sitting on the floor. "Wendy, what are you doing here? I...I didn't see you, I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I had been next to her before you came, but she didn't let me touch her", she explains.

An oh escapes my lips, and I glance at Esther, whose face is full of tears. She sniffles and wipes her little red nose with her hand. She still has her hands wrapped around my neck.

"I brought her my sweater to put on because she..." She points at Esther's torn clothes, and I nod. "But she doesn't wanna put it."

"Give it to me." I stretch my arm, and she hands it to me. I turn to Esther. "Hey, Esther."

"Hm?", she hums, turning to me, a small smile still dancing at her lips, but her eyes red.

"Let's put this on, c'mon."

"I have to take this off, and I..."

I turn to Wendy quickly and ask. "Is the bathroom close?"

"Yeah, it's right there." She points at the blue door, and I lift myself from the couch, holding Esther, whose legs instantly wrap around my waist.