15

Lorelai

( A week later )

" Mommy.. " Tahani whined and went into a coughing fit.

I felt her forehead and it was a little warm.

" Is my baby not feeling good? " I asked softly and picked her up.

She started coughing again and I quickly pat her back.

I used to hate being sick and luckily I haven't been sick in years.

" Are you hungry? " I asked softly and she shook her head no.

I moved her to my other arm and left my room.

My thigh is much better so I've been able to walk more- although it'll hurt every now and then if I put too much pressure on it.

We made it downstairs and walked in the kitchen to see Indya and Jace there.

" I'm just saying I'm not naming our daughter Katie " Indya said.

" What- why not? " Jace asked.

" Because it's basic " she said back.

" She's not wrong " I said and they looked at me.

" Thank you! " indya said.

" Nobody asked for your two cents " Jace said and I stuck my tongue out at him.

" How about Svetlana or Janiyah? " I asked and sat Tahani on the counter.

I went in the cabinets and started grabbing the small plastic bowl, a spoon and the canned soup.

" Aww is she not feeling well? " Indya asked and I looked to see her feeling her forehead.

" Nope " I said and began fixing her soup.

" Blow " Indya said and there was faint nose blowing.

I quickly put the soup in the microwave and put it on 2 before going to the refrigerator to get her some juice.

A/N: Kaliyah is sleep, and Nalaya and Camila are with Aurora and Natalie

I gave her the juice and the microwave stopped so I quickly grabbed the soup and sat in the freezer for a good 2-3 minutes.

___
I had to slip medicine in her juice because other wise she wouldn't have taken it.

She finished her soup about 5 minutes ago and we're currently on the couch watching tv in the living room.

The house has been quiet today.

Noel, Sydney and Vanessa had left to Spain for whatever reason- I don't question it.

I looked at Tahani and she looked like she was fighting her sleep.

" Tahani " I said and she looked at me.

" What are you doing? " I asked her and she laid her head on me.

" Mommy stop " she said whining.

" Fine- get off me crybaby " I said.

" No " she said and went to coughing again.

" you're okay " I said and hugged her tightly.

We continued watching a movie and after a good five minutes I heard her breathing.

I looked down to see her sleeping and honestly I don't feel like getting up so I got comfortable and eventually went to sleep myself.
____
I heard Tahani crying and coughing like crazy which made me jump up.

" Mama! " she said and I quickly grabbed her.

I felt her forehead and this time she was burning up.

I got up and went to the kitchen with her and made her some more orange juice with medicine in it.

I tried to give it to her but she moved her head away and cried.

" Please just drink this and you'll feel better " I said softly trying to give it to her and she knocked it out of my hand.

I sighed and picked the cup back up and sat it on the counter beside her.

She was still crying and I began looking for the thermometer which didn't take long.

I pressed it on her forehead and it said 101.3.

I picked her up then grabbed the cup and started walking towards the door.

I grabbed my jacket off the coat hanger and covered her with it and then grabbed my keys off too.

I walked outside and went to the other part of the house.

When I walked in I listened to Tahani and she was breathing hard and I heard wheezing.

" WHO KNOWS HOW TO DEAL WITH A SICK CRANKY CHILD? " I yelled and went to the bathroom a few feet away.

I turned on the hot water on the shower and let it sit so the steam could come in which didn't take long.

I heard that hot steam helps the breathing clear up- hopefully it works.

The door opened and Elias appeared.

" woah " he said and i nodded.

" Her temperature is 101.2 " I said with a yawn.

" Has it ever been that high before? " he asked and I shook my head no.

She doesn't even get sick much.

" Can I see her? " he asked and honestly he didn't even have to ask.

I handed her to him and she went to him fast.

I feel hurt but it's okay.

and tell me why she instantly stopped crying.

" What time is it? " i asked him and he looked at his watch.

" 3 am " he said and I felt bad.

" Wait I woke you up, I'm so sorry- " I said.

" Its okay, don't apologize " he said and Tahani started sniffling.

I mixed her medicine with orange juice so that she'd take it and it worked but a few minutes ago she knocked it out of my hand.

" I remember that's how you used to be " he said and I looked at him confused.

" What do you mean? "

" Cranky.. Dramatic.. Crybaby.. Only wanted Me or Dad " he said and I shook my head.

" I don't remember that "

" Of course you didn't because you were around her age and everything she's doing is exactly how you were " he said with a small smile.

" I am so sorry " I said dramatically and tried to grab Tahani but she whined.

" See? Exactly like you " he said and I scoffed.

" How about you get some rest- She'll be fine "

" No I got it.. " I said and went to grab her again.

" I'm serious " he said and grabbed the cup from me- then walked away with Tahani in his arms.

By now the bathroom was extremely foggy and I went to turn the water off and accidentally put my hand under the water.

" Damn it! " I winced and quickly turned the water off.

I grabbed my keys off the sink and went to the living room.

I hope she feels better.

____
That's 1046 words ^^

Started 11/20/21
Ended 11/20/21

I got my next chapters planned out .

Currently watching YouTube anddd I'm on thanksgiving break? Yeah it's updates coming Fr .