29

< Lorelai >

I went to the basement and there Natalie was sitting down looking at the wall.

" I've been waiting for you " she said still looking at the wall.

" I'm sure you have " I said sarcastically and leaned against the wall.

" can I ask you a question? "

" you just did "

" Why did you do it? "

" Why did I do what? "

" Natalie Lambert.. relation to the French mafia so just out of curiosity- how long have you been watching me? " I asked and she looked at me.

" hey you got a little something there " she said and I scoffed.

" you met Aurora and partnered with her which wasn't a coincidence " I said looking at her.

" You had it out for me and somebody told me it was because I stole Aurora but that's not nearly possible.. so what is it really? " I asked and she rolled her eyes before looking away.

" your ego is too big.. and let me guess that somebody was Taylor " she said and a smirk grew on her face.

" open your eyes.. you can't possibly think I planned this alone " she said and I grabbed the knife off the table.

" be happy you're still alive and not being tortured " I said coldly.

" you know I'm right.. " she said and I went up to her and dug my knife in her thigh.

" you know I had fun with our little- what do you call it? " she asked grunting in pain.

" aww i feel honored " I said sarcastically and took the knife out of her thigh before putting it in her other one.

" I'm glad you do " she said and I glared at her.

" So let me guess- the plan was to turn everyone against me, that's why you sent that text and you hesitated to shoot when you had that red light on me- you waited for her to be in the way and don't say you didn't shoot because I know you did " I said and she looked back at me.

" that about sums it up " she whispered.

" so did this even have anything to do with me? or is this because of the ex leader.. "

" why so many questions? " she asked sarcastically and I heard the door open then close.

" the oldest one is awake and looking for you " my guard said appearing in my vision.

" I'll be back " I said and turned to leave.

" oh I'll be waiting " she said and i rolled my eyes and left to go upstairs.

I checked my hands and luckily there was no blood on them.

——
I got to my room and went over to Kaliyah.

" Mom " she said crying and i tightly hugged her.

" I'm so sorry, i'm here " I said softly.

" I didn't let her hit them. " she said and I felt my heart shatter.

" Did she hit you? " I asked and she cried more.

" nobody will ever put their hands on you again and you will never leave my sight again " I said and she slowly started to calm down.

——
After a few minutes I heard her soft snores and I slowly moved her and put the blanket over her.