𝒮𝓉𝒶𝓇𝑔𝒶𝓏𝒾𝓃𝑔

"Hey dad, what's this?" my son asked, picking up something out of the old, dust filled cardboard box. I looked over to see his eyes glittering brightly, as if he were staring up to the bright stars of the night sky. I crawled over to him, the attic creaking and groaning in anguish. The wood all around us looked more like broken souls than founding pieces.

The only light in the room was from an old lightbulb, holding on for dear life by the smallest strand of a string. Even with such little lighting though, the object shimmered and glistened with beauty. My eyes made contact with it, going wide with a strange, reminiscence feel. The silvery rings intersected one another, holding a small sphere tightly in the middle of it all. The sphere had small divots and texture changes, trying to imitate the moon as closely as possible.

"May I see that, Taylor?" I asked, pointing into my nine-year-old's hand towards the necklace.

"Oh, yeah!" he stated excitedly, handing me the small object as he kept his chocolate-colored eyes on it. I felt its cold touch rub against the palm of my hand, but somehow, I could feel a strange warmth to it. I could feel Her warmth. All the memories from the object flooded through my mind at the same time, but there was no way I could show my son these emotions.

"Son, I'd like to tell you a story." Puzzled, he looked away from the necklace and up at me, his short, black hair with a similar look to mine getting knocked upwards through the air.

"Okay, what's it about?" There was a long pause between him and I, but I was more nervous about whether he was old enough for the story or if he would even remember it. I quietly turned away from him, facing the distorting wood that lay on the floor.

"It's about how you should love every moment within your life," I said softly, before beginning the story from so long ago...