𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 29

Our feet lightly tapped the cement below us, our laughter and jovial emotions flooding through each of us as we made our way down the building.

"Oh hey, look over there," Janine called out, pointing towards a large crowd of people standing in what seemed to be a line. The light grey cement was tainted by the yellow paint on the wall, catching the attention of anyone that even looked in its general direction. We made our way towards the crowd, stepping into the line to go down the elevator. With a loud dinging sound, the metal doors opened up, everyone pouring inside of it to go down. The three of us were the last to step inside, the small room consisting of roughly ten people including ourselves.

In silence, the ten or so of us watched as the red numbers at the top of the door counted down the floors until we made it to the first. With a sudden stop, everyone was bumped around, apologies filling the room as the door opened to reveal a much more populated bottom floor. People poured out of the elevator, the three of us being the last to step out of the cramped metal room. As our feet tapped the ground, we followed the crowd out of the parking building and onto a pathway through patches of grass and vibrant colored flowers.

"Wow, look at those flowers," Emily muttered, her eyes studying every petal with curiosity as I looked over towards them.

"Wow, they do look nice," I said, looking out at all the bright petals. We continued down the concrete path, before it diverged into one larger square, metal detectors aligned all along the center of the opening, people walking through them. Stepping into a line, the three of us made our way towards the metal detectors. Janine stepping in first, she walked through the metal detector with zero problems, the green lights shining brightly within the tall rectangle. Before I stepped through though, a sudden thought popped into my mind, my heart stopping for a split second.

The necklace. How much of it was metal? And if it does catch it, how will I show it to the officer without Janine finding out about its existence.

"No hands in the pocket. You're good to step forward," the woman called out, her midnight sky colored hair tied up in a bun, matching her black security vest. Nervously, I stepped forward, anticipating the bright red siren going off. I walked through the ominous gates of fear, stepping up the slight ramp before walking through the gates, my body shaking slightly with the absence of the gate's approval. After a few seconds though, the sudden burden against my shoulders became lifted as the gate approved my passage.

Standing towards Janine, she gave me a quick, concerned glance.

"You feeling ok?" she asked, my head shooting towards her.

"Oh yeah, I feel great actually! I'm so excited for the concert," I stated, chuckling away the nervousness that flowed through my body. With a weak chuckle, Janine looked over towards Emily, a wide smile forming across her lips. "Hurry up! I have a concert to watch!"

"Oh, shut up," Emily stated, walking towards Janine with a slight grin. The three of us turned towards the slight hill before us, stepping up towards it with joyful spirits within our souls. As we stepped up the slight hill, our eyes grew wide as we saw the huge crowd of people, not a patch of grass left to be seen. With a wide grin, Janine stared onward with a sudden fury of excitement. The three of us walked down the concrete pathway, looking out at the crowds of people looking up towards the stage.

Its dark black metal stood there, the thought of Blue Voice coming onto the stage seeded within everyone's mind. Suddenly, blue lights shone down on the stage, cheers roaring from the crowd as it happened. Following the roars of cheerful spirits, Janine joined them with a wide grin across her face.

"There's so many people," I muttered, my eyes continuing to stare out at the hundreds of people within the area.

"I know right, I never realized how many people liked his music," Emily said, the three of us walking along the concrete pathway.