𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 25

"So, what exactly are you looking for?" Emily questioned on the other side of the phone call. The camera looked out at her as she continued drawing the antagonistic character.

"Um, I don't really know," I replied, looking at different online retail stores as I tried to find something that really spoke to me. The camera on my phone looked back at me as I scrolled through the different products.

"Well, I mean, you have to know what you're looking for if you're going to get something," Emily retorted, looking up from her screen and towards me. "Do you have any ideas on what she likes?" I paused, sitting there quietly as I thought about the things she enjoyed. All these different moments flowing through my head like a river flowing downstream.

"Her and I like playing chess together," I explained, Emily smiling slightly to my response.

"Okay, then get her something chess related," she replied, my finger moving towards the search bar at the top of the website. Typing out the word chess and pressing the magnifying glass, the website took me to a list of so many different chess products. Scrolling down the page, there soon became a problem with what I was seeing.

"Huh," I muttered, grabbing Emily's attention.

"What's wrong?" she questioned, continuing her focus on the drawing, her eyes taking a quick glance towards me.

"Well, there's just a whole bunch of chess boards on here, but she already has a chess board," I explained,

"Do you want to get her a new one then?" Emily questioned, my head shaking in defiance.

"No, not really," I began, "her chess board is really nice, so I don't want to get her something that she already has." Emily, nodding her head, continued drawing against the pad. With a sigh, I closed my camera and laid my phone against my chest, my eyes looking up towards the ceiling as I rested my head against the pillow. "How's the drawing?"

"it's going good, I'm coloring the last little bit of the character," she replied, her voice sounding excited with the anticipation of completion.

"What do you think you're going to work on next?" I asked, Emily pausing for a second.

"Well, I would have to see if I got any customers. But if I haven't, then I might do a landscape drawing," she explained, my hand picking the phone back up and opening the screen.

"What type of landscape?" I asked, a humming sound protruding from Emily's lips as she thought about it.

"Well, maybe a romantic night sky," she began, a warm smile crossing her face as she thought about it. "Two people could be sitting out by a lake, looking over the stars glistening against the water while the moon reflects off of it." I paused, my heart stopping as she said those words.

"Stargazing!" I exclaimed loudly, pressing the home screen to leave the full screen camera.

"Well yeah, I guess they're stargazing," Emily explained, surprised by my sudden burst of energy.

"No, Janine likes to stargaze," I explained, opening a retail store website before typing away at the search bar.

"Oh, does she really? That's so cute!" Emily exclaimed, gushing at the sudden realization. Pressing the magnifying glass, it took me to all the different products related to stargazing. Different telescopes and books appeared across the screen, alongside the handful of jewelry related to the night sky.

"You think I should get her any jewelry?" I questioned, Emily and I pausing in silence.

"I've never even seen her wear a wristband," Emily joked, my mind drawing blank as the realization came to me.