𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 19

"Kevin look!" Janine called out from across the lunchroom, rushing over to me as Emily walked behind her. There was an odd smile that formed across her face, a sense of proudness protruding from her expression like a parent to a child in a way. Handing me the paper, I flipped it over to see the ninety percent on top of the page in bright red ink.

"Oh my gosh, you got an A!" I exclaimed, looking up from the paper and onwards towards Janine. With a pale white grin, she nodded her head rapidly up and down before throwing herself on the dark blue plastic chair.

"Yeah, you can thank Emily for that," she replied, turning towards Emily with arms wide. Her smile quickly dissipated, her eyes going wide in sudden shock and nervousness as Janine's extroverted personality impeded upon hers. Raising her hands up, she quickly tried to shield her embarrassment.

"No no, it was nothing," she stated, moving her index finger up to fix her glasses. She quietly walked over, placing her bag down before sitting in the same spot as yesterday, with Janine between the two of us.

"What did you get?" Janine questioned, turning her attention towards me.

"Oh, I got an eighty," I replied, Janine's eyes going wide with somehow more excitement.

"That's great!" Suddenly, something sparked in her head. "Hey, you guys want to hangout this weekend?"

"Yeah, I can see if I'm available," I stated, looking towards Emily, noticing she had a pencil and paper on the table. Turning away from the empty page, she stared at me for a split second before asking about what was said. "Do you want to hangout this weekend?"

"Oh, uh, yeah sure if I'm not busy," she replied, turning her focus back to the empty page. Janine swiftly took out her lunchbox, eating away at the food within its confinements. My gaze continued to gaze upon the wonders of the movements of the pencil across the paper. It was oddly intriguing, my eyes taking in the soft yet rapid movements of her pencil across the blank sheet of paper. The lead of the pencil lightly touching the paper, providing a soft sketch of what it was she was attempting to draw.

Janine ate away at her food while I sat there and silently watched her draw, noticing something odd about it all. It seemed as though with the movements of her pencil, Emily was traveling into another world within the focus of the paper. Turning her head towards Emily, Janine became intrigued almost immediately.

"What you drawing?" Janine questioned; Emily being knocked out of her train of focus.

"What?" Emily asked, looking up towards us as we watched her pencil fall out of her hand.

"What are you drawing?"

"Oh... I was just trying to draw someone," she explained, looking back down at the rough sketch. It was that of a figure, with what seemed to be a hand in the air while the brim of their hat pointed to the sky.

"Who are you trying to draw?" I questioned, looking from the paper and onwards towards her. She paused for a moment, looking at the sketch for a second before looking back towards us.

"I want to draw Black Moon. I went to a concert of his a few weeks ago and it was so fun that it inspired me to draw something I remember from it, that being this moment I'm sketching here," she explained, looking down at the sketch. Studying the simple strokes with the pupils of her eyes, a grin formed slightly across her face, an idea sparking within her soul that was visible for all to see.

"I like Black Moon as well," I replied, Emily looking towards me wide eyed.

"Oh my gosh, did you go to the concert as well?" she asked, her eyes glistening similar to Janine's.

"No, I really wanted too though. I had to cancel the ticket though due to me needing to work that night," I explained, Janine watching our conversation unfold.

"Where do you work at?"

"The Big'Ole burg by the Lix Janine works at," I explained, giving a quick grin to Janine before looking back towards her. "What's your favorite song?"

"Oh, um, it depends on what type of song you're going for. Because like, my favorite song of his is Too Good For Me, but my favorite sad song is Reels and my favorite hype one is God of the New Age."

"Oh, I love God of the New Age! It's so awesome, especially towards the end," I explained, smiling widely alongside Emily.

"I was there when the album was announced. It was so cool how he had the song ready to go then dropped the album immediately after the concert," she said, my eyes going wide with wonder.

"No way! Is that true?" I exclaimed, Emily nodding her head up and down excitedly.

"Yeah, I'm drawing right before he announced the album where he was all excited and started jumping to hype everyone up. It was such a exciting experience seeing everyone jumping and down as he announced the album."

"Wow, that's so cool," Janine replied, budding in between our conversation. "We should go to a concert!"

"Yeah, we should!" The three of us agreed on it, Janine pulling out her phone and opening the lock screen. "Who do you guys want to go see?"

"I'll see anybody, I like all types of music," Emily explained, going back to sketching across her paper. With the simple strokes of her pencil, she continued outlining the moment from her memory.

"Same with me really, it's up to you," I replied, Janine looking back down at her phone to find a concert for us to go to. Several moments went by in complete silence, Janine and I looking for a concert to go to while Emily continued drawing her picture on the pale white paper.

"Hey, I found something," Janine stated, drawing everyone's attention towards her. "You should be happy by this Kevin, but Blue Voice is having a concert on the 28th of September. Tickets are still being sold and it's going to be in Atlanta too!"

"Oh, let's go!" Emily and I exclaimed in unison, Janine clicking on the website. After a moment of scrolling and tapping on the screen, Emily looked at the ticket prices.

"Oh wow..."

"What?"

"The ticket prices are one hundred and twenty dollars per person," Janine said in a defeated tone, her eyes silently skimming over the screen.

"Thats not too bad, do you work anywhere Emily?" I questioned, looking towards her.

"Well, I don't have a job per say but I sell my drawings and stuff on this website, so I do have a source of income," she explained, looking up from the paper and onward towards the two of us. "Don't worry, I can pay for my own."

"Oh okay, I guess that just leaves me then," Janine chuckled, pressing the bottom button of her screen. With a few swipes, she began typing in a password before going to another section on her phone, the image relieving whatever stress fell on her shoulders. "Ok... I can purchase a ticket," she sighed with relief, looking back up towards the two of us, her green eyes brightening up with excitement. "Is that alright with everyone?"

"I don't have a problem."

"Neither do I."

"So, then I'll send the link in the group chat," Janine explained, exiting the app she was on and returning to the website to buy the ticket. The sudden sound of the bell cut through the air, each of us exchanging our goodbyes as we all went our separate ways. The sudden vibration of my phone against my lap proved to me that I had gotten the link for our future event.