𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 8

~Grace~ 

"You can put the hose down now." I tell him, blocking the water from my face with my hands. 

"I don't think so." He smirks and I narrow my eyes at him. 

"Ricco, put the hose down please," I tell him and he chuckles, turning the hose off.

"Please? Careful Gracie, it sounds like you're starting to warm up to me again." He smirks and I roll my eyes because he said nothing but the truth.  But he doesn't need to know that. 

"You got me all wet Ricco! I don't even have any clothes at your house." I complain. I meet his eyes and that stupidly handsome smirk is on his stupidly hot face.  The wind passes through us and I shiver. 

"Wet huh?" He says and its only then I realised how my previous sentence sounded.  

"You're stupid." I tell him.

"I'm stupid about something, that's for sure," he mumbles, walking over to me as he takes his jacket off. He confuses the hell out of me. 

"Come on, you can wear some of my clothes." He tells me, dropping his jacket over my shoulder. It smells just like him. It's warm too. I'm freaking keeping it. 

"And walk around the party with your clothes? No." I frown. 

"Well what else do you want me to do? Go to the mall and get you a dress?" he asks. I really want to nod. 

"Yes." I slowly nod. 

He stares at me for a minute and takes in a breath. 

"What color?" he sighs and I smile. Stop smiling Grace. 

"I was kidding, but can you send one of your uh, men to get a dress from my house?" I ask him, shyly because it was an annoying request. 

"Are you sure you don't want me to-"

"I'm sure." I cut him off. 

"Alright, come on let's pass through the side door because you're all wet." He smirks and I roll my eyes, following him through the darkness. What is he a freaking bat or something? 

"Please, p-please you don't have to do this-" A muffled voice flows through the air. Why does it sound like one of my father's men? 

"Vy bespolezny." (You are no use.) Russian, fluent Russian. That means there are Russians on the property. 

"Please-" Ricco and I break the corner, the light from the living room giving us a good look at the man being held gunpoint. 

I'm too caught up in what's happening, I no longer hear his words, so the gunshot came as a surprise to me. I open my mouth to scream, but Ricco's palm quickly covers my mouth and he pulls us behind the wall.  I hate this. I hate this so freaking much. 

"Don't make a sound amore." Ricco whispers and I nod. The music inside stops and everyone starts walking out the house. 

Great, there's armed Russians out here and you people walk out into the property. How smart.  The entire property is silent, the water falling from the fountain fills the air. Lights are off and I have no idea what is happening. 

"Ricco must have fired his celebratory shot." My father yells to Ricco's father.  Do they seriously not know Ricco didn't fire that shot? 

"Si, he did say he would do it around this time." Angelo laughs.  

"Ricco.." I mumble but he shushes me. Idiot.

"They're pretending amore." Oh, so I'm the idiot? Got it.