𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 48

~Grace~ 

Get up, shower, stare out the window in my room until the maid brought breakfast for me. Read, stare at the ocean, cry my eyes out, eat lunch,  stare some more, sleep to escape the hell I've bee living in, eat dinner and go to bed then do it again. That's been my routine for the past month. On a rare day my father would visit and check on me, that's what I call it, in reality he's making sure I didn't kill myself or something, if I did, the maid and all the guards would flee like animals on fire. They'd fail their job at that point. 

I haven't spoken to anyone in a month, the maid rarely ever says anything. 

I'm going mad. 

A loud knock makes me jump. 

Told you, I'm loosing my shit. 

I sound like Ricco. 

God, I miss him so much, to the point where I'm contemplating living, that's pathetic I know, but I can't live like this, I don't comprehend how I haven't died by now. Maybe the hope I have that Ricco would find is the one thing keeping me alive. 

"Dinner." The maid says through the door. I get off the bed, opening the door. They haven't let me out this stupid room in four weeks and I'm close to banging my head on the wall. 

"Thank you," I mumble, taking the plate of whatever the hell it was. Sometimes I'm so zoned out I don't even pay attention to what I eat.  

"Your father will be here tomorrow, he asked me to find you a outfit for leaving the house." Like a lost puppy, my ears peark up at the words 'leaving the house.' 

My eyes meet hers. 

"I-I get to leave?" I ask her. 

"For the day." I blink. 

"There's a calendar on the desk, take a look at the date." She tells me and I hear the uncertainty in her own words. It must be my father's orders. 

"Okay, thank you." I tell her and she closes the door walking away. I place the plate onto the bed and walk to the desk, I lost track of the date, can you blame me? I didn't have anywhere to go. 

I pull the calendar under the sketches of the window I keep repeating on paper like a mad person. The last time I checked the date it was Christmas. That was a while ago. I knew new years passed, the fireworks sold that out.  

"How the hell are you supposed to check the date if you don't know the current date Grace?" I mumble to myself and walk to the door, angry at how stupid I let myself go. 

The door opens and the two guards outside my door pull their guns. 

"Calm down, I'm not going to fight you with a calendar. Can one of you tell me the date?" I ask them. 

A moment of silence hits us and I blink. 

Am I bloody insane or are they not saying anything? 

"Did you hear me?" I ask them. I roll my eyes. 

"Can one of you go get the maid?" I ask hoping they could at least do that. 

The guard on the right walks away, hopefully going to get the maid. 

I lean against the doorframe waiting. 

"usted habla espanol, senora?" (Do you speak Spanish ma'am?" He asks me, lowly. His voice was familiar, but I couldn't put it to my memory. His eyes too, but the black maskhe wore didn't help me.