𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 26

~Ricco~ 

"And don't let him go. Wait until I get back." I tell my men over the phone as I stare out the window, waiting on Grace to get back from the washroom. I end the call and turn the heat up, it was surely chilly outside and I know would be cold when she gets back in the car.  We left her house a few hours ago and now we're on our way to her family's cabin. I offered to go to France but she said that's too far. 

I watch as she walks out of the restaurant a  milkshake and a coffee cup in her tiny, soft hands. She went in there to use the washroom and she walks out with a milkshake and a coffee. This girl is something else. I watch as her long, beautiful legs lead her to the car. She's wearing dark jeans, a black top or whatever the hell you call those, and a knee-length coat. 

"Can you believe they didn't have fries?" she pouts as she sits into the car. I turn the heating vents towards her and she gives me an appreciative smile. 

"Should I go in there and kill the chef?" I ask her and her eyes widen. This lifestyle isn't new to Grace, but her eyes widen and shock takes over her every time she hears words like that. 

"No! Are you crazy? Why am I even asking!" she groans and turns to look out the window. 

"I feel awful." she says.  

"What's wrong? Should we stop for some med-" 

"No like emotionally." she says as she sips on her milkshake. 

Oh? 

"Oh. Why?" I ask because what the fuck am I supposed to ask her? 

"One thing goes wrong and I run away," she says sadly. 

That's just Grace. I remember after her grandmother passed, she locked herself into her room and left a note specifically ordering me not to break the door down. 

But I did it anyway.  

I almost kissed her that day too.I smile at the thought. 

"And you think I'm crazy, of course, you do." she sighs. Shit, I'm such a bad fucking person, I don't even deserve her as my damn friend. 

"No Gracie I don't," I tell her, taking a left turn. 

"Then why are you laughing Ricco?" she groans in an annoyed mood. 

"I remembered when I broke your door down after your grandmother died?" I ask her. She makes a look as if to ask me 'Is that really the best way you could have said it?' 

"Scusa." (Sorry.) I mutter. 

"You're always breaking down my door." she says and I chuckle. 

"I'm pathetic." She says. 

"No you're not. You just cope with things differently." I tell her. 

"Here, I got you a black coffee with one splash of milk." She says, handing me the coffee cup. I smile.

"You remembered?" 

"I created it idiota." She says, using Italian at the end, which just makes me smile more. It's true though, the beautiful girl next to me got me to drink coffee with a splash of milk in it. She claimed it brightens-

"It brightens your mood,drink it." she mumbles, cutting me off and finishing my thoughts. I chuckle as I sip the coffee. 

"Imagine what people are saying when they hear I'm not home again." She mutters under her breath, taking her phone out of her pocket.