𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 13

~Ricco~ 

"Grace, where are you?" Nicholas asks her, putting the phone on loudspeaker. 

"I-is Ricco with you?" her weak voice mumbles through the phone and something in me breaks. Gia closes her eyes, as if she's thanking God for hearing Grace's voice and I'd be lying if I said I don't do the same. 

"Grace, where are you?" He repeats his question. 

"I asked if Ricco is with you." She sobs. God I'm killing whoever made her cry.

"I'm here Grace." I tell her through the phone. 

"I'm- I'm at the old paper factory on west street. Bring three million dollars from my bank account and get here quick Ricco. For once show up please!" She sobs and this time I feel like slapping myself down. 

"We'll be there." Her father says, but what she does next leaves us all shocked. 

"No. You stay the hell away from me." She says. 

"Ricco, get here quickly please." Ricco, not her dad, not Leo, not her brother. Me. She asked for me. That's gotta mean something right? 

"I'm leaving now." I tell her and the line goes dead.   

The room is silent. Gia's sobs fill the air. 

"Leo, let's go." I tell him, placing the phone on the office table. Nicholas is yet to speak .

"I already sent some men down to the location," Leo tells me and I nod. 

"She knows."  Nicholas mumbles. 

"Knows what?" Leo and  I ask at the same time. 

"Gracelyn isn't Gia's child."  I freeze. My eyes drop to Gia and she's sobbing. I've never seen her this upset, ever. 

Grace isn't Gia's child? 

What the fuck? 

---

                                                                                    ~Grace~

My eyes slowly open and the scent of smoke, burning wood, and smoke parades in the air.  I look around the darkroom. Where the hell am I?  I look down at my clothing, I'm wearing a blue dress. Where the hell is my dress? 

"Ella es Hermosa." (She is beautiful.) An unknown voice whispers in Spanish. Do you seriously kidnap someone to tell them they're beautiful? 

"Ella se parece a ti." (She looks like you.) A male's voice says. I try to move, but it's only then I realize my hands are tied to the back of the chair I'm sitting on.  God help me. 

The lights of the room flicker on, every second or so it dims then brighten again.  A middle-aged woman walks in, a tall, older man right behind her.  

"Gracelyn King." She takes in my name as if she doesn't believe I'm in front of her. 

"Who are you and why the hell am I here?" I ask her but she turns around as if she couldn't bear to look at me again. 

"We're family." The man smirks. I have no Spanish family, what is this man talking about? 

"What the hell-" His hand collides with my cheek. What the actual fuck? 

"Hermano!" The woman yells and I really hope she doesn't love her hermano, because I'm about to knock him down. I raise my foot, my heel pressed against his stomach and I give him a solid kick.