𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 45

~Grace~ 

The wind blew, gentle but so strong. Each hit easing some of my nervousness as I look out the balcony.  In one hour, I was marrying Ricco. 

Sixty minutes. 

Three thousand, six hundred seconds. 

I was going to his wife and he was going to be my husband. 

"Maya! Where the hell is Gr-Found her!" Izzi yells behind me and I hear her heels against the floor as she walks towards me. 

"Why is our bride staring at the sky?" she asks and I chuckle, turning around. She looked beautiful in her champagne colored maid of honour dress. 

"You look so beautiful!" I tell her and she smiles. 

"Don't go all cheesy on me. Ready to put the dress on?" she asks me and I nod, following her. 

I step into the dress, slipping the straps onto my shaking shoulders and turn to the mirror. 

It was beautiful. 

It was perfect. 

"God, I'm going to cry." Izzi mumbles and I chuckle, because I myself was about to shed tears. 

"No Ricco, you can't see her it's not trad-Holy fuck." Maya says and I turn to her, her dress was a bit more expressed, so her baby bump wasn't visible. 

"Que? Is it Grace?" Ricco's voice flows through Maya's phone. 

"Si." She whispers, still looking at me, her eyes wide but glistening with what  I hoped were happy tears. I mentally thank the lords that my future in-laws didn't hate me. That I couldn't have dealt with. 

"Que? What's wrong? Is she okay? Is she hurt-" 

"Stai zitto!" (Shut up!) Maya tells him and I laugh. 

"She's fine, she's so fine you're gonna die when you see her." She says. 

"I'm coming up." He says and all of our eyes widen. 

"No!" I yell. 

"Russo keep your ass down outside." Izzi says. 

"I want to see Grace." He grits out and I couldn't help but smile. 

"There's less than thirty minutes Ricco, you can wait."  I tell him and he mumbles something in Itailain. Soon enough Maya hangs him up. 

"You look so pretty!" She squeals.  

"Thank you Maya, not just for the compliment, but for being here." I give her an appreciative smile. 

"Very well, let's finish up your make-up and then we can head down." I nod, taking in a deep breathe. 

---

The wind was so strong,  I felt it push me. My dress stayed in place and so did the strands of hair that were kept back. But Maya and Izzi's dresses didn't corporate, nor did their hair. 

The wind was that strong. 

"What are you doing here?"I hear Ricco's voice, I wonder who he was talking to. 

"Uh Grace?" Izzi mumbles, handing me the bouquet as she walked from the other side of the bar. The bar stood between the glass doors and the outdoor garden, where the alter was. 

"Yeah? What is it? Is it the officant? Is it Ricco-"

"No, no. It's uh..." 

"Grace has to walk out now! Come on Izzi!" She pulled her away before she can tell me what the problem was. 

With a crowded mind, I took in a deep breathe, hoping it would clear my mind, but all the possible things that can go wrong flew in and out in blurred images. 

It couldn't be a huge problem if the wedding was still going to happen right? 

As I broke the corner, the small crowd, very small consisting of Izzi, Maya, Leo and Sarah. 

I frooze. My steps didn't move. But she was coming closer. 

Was I moving or was she walking towards me? 

My grip on the bouquet loosened and it dropped when she wrapped her hands around me. 

I haven't seen her in months. 

Her smell was different, not the strong berry smell that made heads turn, instead, it was a high alcohol smell. 

Her hands didn't wrap around my  back, they rested on my waist. When she pulled back. It made sense. 

It all clicked and it was the most ridiculous realization I've ever made. I wasn't believable. 

"What are you doing here?" I ask her, emotion lacing through my words. 

"I missed you Gracie." My hand twitched. 

"I-I thought something happened to you." My voice broke a bit. 

"No. I'm here. All fine." She smiles and I hug her again. 

"How did you find out?" I ask her. She chuckles.

"I have my ways, now go get married!" She sqeuals, her voice heavier than I remember. Then, what I remember is different to what she is. 

I smile at her, not believing she's here. 

"Okay." I whisper, my voice drowned in emotion. 

Izzi handed me the bouquet but I didn't glimpse at her. I needed Ricco. 

Before I walk off, I turn back to her. 

"I'm really glad youre here." I whisper, squeezing her hand. She nodded and I walked away. 

Shaking. 

As I made my way to Ricco, I purposely tripped on the star of the white concrete alter. As expected, Ricco reached out to me and I threw myself into his arms, my face in his neck as I took in his scent. 

"Attento, Grace." He mumbles and I hold him tighter. Reaching up to his ear I whispered words that made me shiver. 

"Ricco, that's not my sister," I tell him.