𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 55

There will be alot of time changes in this chapter! 

                                                                                ~Grace~ 

"Amore!" Ricco yells my name from our kitchen, I walk out the laundry room, a basket propped on my hip. 

"Coming!" I tell him, closing the door and making my way to the kitchen. 

"You'll be coming tonight." He smirks and I roll my eyes. But my body grew hot at the thought. 

"What do you need?" 

"To be so fucking deep inside y-" 

"Ricco!" I smack his shoulder and he laughs, grabbing the basket from my hand and pulling me into his arms. 

"Seriously, what do you need?" I ask him,  fiddling with his tie, he just came home. 

"I wanted to tell you before anyone else told you." He mumbles, leaning his forehead against mine. 

It's my favorite thing, to stand in his arms, his forehead on mine, hearing his heartbeat through his heart, what makes it my favorite thing? The fact that his heart is beating for me

But it's a bittersweet thing, because he does this mainly when he has a bad day. Yep, Capo's have bad days. 

His finger grazes over my hand, passing over my wedding ring. 

One whole year. 

One whole year of being Grace Russo. Ricco's wife. The Capo's wife.  It's been one hell of a year. 

"What's wrong?" I frown. 

"We're dealing with the Greeks." He sighs. Ricco has mentioned the Greeks being a problem for us. We weren't sure, until well, now. 

"How bad is it?" I ask him. 

"Really fucking bad, especially since The Laurents and Rodriguez isnt on good terms, and well I recently made up with your father." He says and I nod. 

The day after Ricco and I got married, we flew home to our families that were dripping in emotions. Rage from our fathers, sympthaty and sadness from our mothers and jealousy from our siblings. 

You heard that right, siblings, Maya hasn't spoken to Ricco in months because we got married and she's a single mother, prohibited from having any contact with Marco. 

And my brother, Caden's marriage to Ella was canceled because my father was focused on the deal he made with Riccco for our wedding. But that changed the minute Ricco declared war against my father's mafia, which I didn't agree with, causing our first real argument as a couple. 

That day seems so long ago. 

A year ago. 

"Tell me this is some stupid fucking joke!" My father yells. Everyone tenses, but Ricco, he stands there taller than my father and crueler than my father could ever be. All of the men from both mafias stand in my parent's living room. Staring, some with freight, some with interest. 

"Ricco.." His father begins somewhat nervously. 

"Did you two really marry?" We nod.  All of our families start talking and the room gets heavy. 

"No fucking way. Grace will not be leaving this house." My father says, grabbing my arm. 

"Get your fucking hands off my wife," Ricco growls and the room quiets down. My father narrows his eyes. 

"You two are divorcing." My father says, calmly. 

"I said, get your hands off my wife," Ricco says, even calmer, and that's what scares the hell out of us.