𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 52

~Ricco~ 

Mexico? 

Fucking Mexico? 

Mexico? 

What the actual fuck? 

I've had men in Mexico looking for her. How did we miss that? 

"I don't get it." Isabel mumbles and I groan in frustration.

"I told her to leave clues, one of her father's men killed a Mexican, a restaurant owner." I tell her and she raises an eyebrow.

"Leo get your fucking girl or I'm gonna-"

"You're gonna what? Shoot me? Cause I can show-"

"You're annoying." I growl.

"You're stupid-"

"Shut the fuck up!" Leo yells at us, but quickly aplogises to Izzi when her glare meets his eyes. 

"Whipped." I mumble.

"Hey, I'm not the one that has over a hundred fucking men out there looking for the woman I love. If anyone here is whipped, it's you." Leo tells me and Izzi scoffs. 

"Lee?" 

"Yeah?" 

"My feet hurt." She pouts. 

"Do you want morphine or-"

"Whipped." Isabel and I say at the same time. 

Leo glares at us as he  walks over to me and looks at my laptop, which has all the possible houses that Grace could be in. 

"So, basically Gracie had someone kill a Mexican restaurant owner, which means she's in Mexico?" Isabel asks and I nod, too concentrated on the houses to tell her how fucking slow she is. 

"Bien. When do we leave?" She asks, standing up and Leo grabs her. 

"We, don't do anything. Ricco and I will go get her with our men. You're staying here, where you can't die." She flashes him a irritated look. 

"My father is the leader of the Spanish mafia, I think  I was considered dead the minute I was acknowledged, in the fucking womb." She tells him. 

"Exactly, so sit down and wait for us to be back." He tells her and she looks at me as if I can help. 

I raise an eyebrow. 

She urges me to talk to Leo. 

"Isabel, Grace would kick my ass if she knew I encouraged you to tag along, I don't want her to slap me when I see her for the first time in months." Like really see her, not just hold her as if it were illegal. 

"I'm going with you." She says firmly.  

"No. You're not." Leo tells her and I give up, walking out my office and entering the hall. 

"Dov'e lei?" (Where is she?) My father asks as soon as I walk out the office, a glass of whiskey in his hand and papers in the next. 

"Russia. Lei e in Russia." (Russia. She's in Russia.) I lie. I wasn't  sure if my father supported Nichola's decision or not, but I wasn't going to let him know where she was. More importantly, I wasn't  going to let him know that I was aware of her location. 

"No.  Nicholas non I'avrebbe mai tenuta Ii." (No. Nicholas would never keep her there.) 

It was easy hiding my surprise in his answer. 

"Quindi?" (Then?) I ask him. 

"Here's a list of all the properties  I know Nicholas owns. Buying a new house to keep her in would be too easy to locate, I'm sure he's using an already purchased house." He tells me, but I already knew that. He may have lacked being a father, but he was one hell of a teacher. And I made one hell of a student. 

"Why are you helping me? You don't even like Grace and haven't you heard? The Capo of The Vipers is stuck on his fiance whose family called off the engagement." I tell him one of the stupid rumors floating in the world of our sick life. 

"Don't give me that bullshit Ricco. If it were your mother and I was in your shoe, I'd do the same thing." He says and I laugh, a genuine laugh because what the fuck is he talking about? 

"Your whores say different." I tell him. He narrows his eyes and I take it as a challenge. 

"Catherine and I haven't always had a perfect marriage, but I knew her before the marriage. We were friends, just like you and Grace. Maybe that's the fucking reason I'm so determined to help you find her. I don't want you to do what I did." 

"Let's get one thing clear." I tell him. 

"I'm not you and Grace isnt mama." I tell him and he nods. 

"Lo so figliolo, lo so." (I know son, I know.) He says, handing me the papers. 

"When you find her, you tell Nicholas to go fuck himself and you make that girl my daughter-in-law." He tells me, walking away. 

I wasn't stunned or anything, he would be of a high social status if Grace and I get married. That's the reason for his determination,anything else is bullshit. 

I flip open the folder of papers, scanning through all the properties, in search for just one, anyone in Mexico. 

As I scan the papers, Leo and Isabel's voices flow out the office. 

"That's your reason? Because we're together?" She laughs. I smirk, Leo's about to get his ass kicked. 

"Isabel-"

"You know what? I'm done. I'm done. I don't even know why I try." She says, and I hear her grab her things off the couch in my office. 

"Done? With-"

"With this. Us. I'm done." She says and my smirk drops. Oh shit. 

She walks out the door and Leo yells after her. 

"Get the fuck back here Isabel. You can't leave me like that. I-I need you." He says and I mentally add it to the like five times I've seen him this emotional. 

"No. You need Madeline more." She tell him and when my eyes meet her face, I see her bold eyes glisten with tears. No. Fucking. Way. Is she crying? 

I didn't know she was capable of that shit. 

I look down, pretending  I didn't see shit. 

My moment of acting pays off good, I find the house in Mexico, it sits right off the cost. 

Isabel's heels hit the floor and I hear her approach me. 

"I'm going to pack my bag, and I'll be back in a hour. I'm going with you." She tells me and I look up, her eyes are red like she's struggling to breathe. 

I don't tell her no, I just nod. 

She walks away and I look at my best friend, his face is unreadable, I can't tell if he wants to kill someone or if he wants someone to kill him. 

Grace better be in Mexico, we all need her.