𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟27

~Grace~ 

"No, I'm not," I tell Isabel. 

"Then why did you call me annoyed that he left?" she asks me and I roll my eyes.

"I don't know,"  I mumble, with honesty pure in my words. 

"Grace, you like Ricco." Isabel tells me and I frown because she's right. 

"Babe! Hurry up!" I hear Leo's voice. I instantly get off the slouched position I was sulking in and straighten up. 

"Un minuto!" She yells.

These two sneaky little bitches!

"Babe? Babe!?" I yell through the phone. 

"Oh God. Relax Grace!"

"No babe, I'm okay," I tell her, emphasizing the use of babe. 

"Since when has he-" The doorbell rings and I raise an eyebrow. No one knows the cabin has people in it because there really aren't many neighbors. Ricco wouldn't ring the doorbell, he'd probably break the door down. 

"Uh, Izzi I'll have to yell at you later. Someone's at the door." I tell her. She of course, senses my curiosity. 

"Que? Did you tell the one neighbor you're staying this weekend?" 

"No." I tell her, getting off the couch. 

"Can't be Ricco, he'd break the door down." She scoffs. 

"Exactly." I mutter, walking towards the door.

"Babe!" I hear Leo yell. 

"I'll be fine, go to lover boy." I tell her.

"Shut up! If there's a serial killer out there, kill them okay?" I nervously laugh. 

"Okay," I tell her.

"Bye Grace. Love you." 

"Love you too." I tell her, hanging up and grabbing the gun from my purse. 

Never, ever question what I have in my purse. 

I open the door, slowly. 

There's a bag on the step. A black, long. Awfully similar to a body bag. I look around, there's no one around and I'm sure Ricco isn't back yet, so he couldn't have put the bag there.  My eyes drop to the red liquid, flowing through the bag. 

I'm stupid to beg that it's not blood because I'm one hundred percent sure that is blood. I bend down, passing my hand over the cold smooth liquid. Yup, blood. 

I don't even want to think about who's blood it is, or who's body could possibly be in that bag. 

I'm going to slap Ricco for leaving. 

Crap.

Ricco.

This can't be Ricco's body right?

Oh God. 

No. No. No. No. No. 

I run inside, grabbing my phone. I instantly call him. As each ring passes without an answer, my freight grows and anxiety settles into me. Please be okay. Please be okay. 

I call him over and over again.

"Pick up the phone!" I mumble to myself as I hold the phone back up to my ear for the fifth time. 

Another ring.

No answer. 

Another ring.

Followed by another.