𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟29

~Grace~ 

"When is the wedding?" 

"Does this mean the Black Spade mafia and the Vipers will be in peace?" 

"Will Gracelyn still be a part of the Black Spade mafia?"  

"Sir will we work for Nichlas's mafia too?" 

"Will we have to sign papers?" 

"Nicholas does this mean you're steping down as don?" 

I pass my hand over my face, in hopes that some of the stress goes away as my hand leaves my face. But it doesn't happen. The stress is still there. 

"Bebe un poco de agua Grace!" My mother tells me and I shake my head declining the water. 

My eyes fall to the crowd of people below us, a room filled with members of the Black Spade Mafia on the left and members of the Vipers on the right. The tension was thick and you could practically cut through it with a knife.  

Ricco and my father decided that today would be a good day to tell both mafias that they're going to form a deal, that deal, is my marriage to Ricco. 

God hates me. 

Of everyone on this earth, I'm being married to Ricco Russo.  I have to live with him, I have to cook for him, I have to be his wife! 

God, why me? 

"Clematis." (Calm down.) Ricco tells his mafia. As if he's God himself, they shut up and look up at him. Women in the crowd practically drool over him. Okay, he may not be God, but he looks like he was made in the streets of heaven. 

"All your silly questions will be answered in time." He tells his little minions.  I scowl thinking about yelling at people like he does.  

"This marriage is a symbol of peace between both mafias." 

"Ricco's mafia will provide ours with the stability we need, and we in return will provide his with  the same stability. This is to make us stronger against the English and the Russians." My father says. 

"Now Nicholas." Ricco says, turning to my father. I know that look.  That's the look. Oh God. 

"You screw me and my people over," At least fifty guns point up to my father. Jeseues. 

"And I'll fuck you up Nicholas," Ricco tells my father. 

He looks like he was made in the streets of heaven, but his mouth was made in hell. 

"Questo e il mio ragazzo." (That's my boy." Angelo says,walking up to Ricco and tapping his back. 

Yikes, Ricco hated when his father touched him. 

"Get your fucking hands off me." He tells his father, who instantly pulls his hand away, causing Maya to snort next to me. 

"All of you are dismissed." Ricco tells his mafia and they slowly but cautiously walk out the room. 

"Gracelyn. Go home and pack your bags." I freeze as my father orders me to pack my bags. 

"W-why?" I ask him. 

"You're moving into Russo mansion today." My jaw drops and you might as well say it's on the floor. Today? As in, this present day? 

"But-" He gives me a look that says 'Don't embarrass me in front of my mafia.' Defeated, I look at Ricco, but he's talking to his father and in seconds, he's walking away.