𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 12

~Grace~ 

"Those on the right. The remainders on the left." I tell my employees as they scatter around the hall getting the large room ready for the party that will start in a few hours. 

"Grace? Where do I put-" My employee's words slow down and her eyes dart to something, more like someone behind. I can smell his god damn colone. 

Rolling my eyes I spin on my heel, coming face to face with Ricco. What does he want from me?

"Ricco," I mumble, looking at his suit, a grey suit, messy hair, perfect freaking face. 

"Grace." He mocks, looking at my dress, his gaze lingering on the slit on my left thigh. 

"Eyes up here Russo." I mumble and he smirks. 

"Are you busy amore?" he asks me, walking closer to me.

"Yes." No. I was leaving.

"Are you leaving soon?" he asks, looking around the hall. The blue and white balloons, the white flower wall with minor pinks in the middle.  It was exactly what my clients wanted and it gave me so much joy bringing it to life. 

"No." I lie.

"Actually Grace you can-" I throw the clipboard from my hands at my employee. 

"No. I can't." I grit out and Ricco rolls his eyes.

"Well, can you leave with me?" 

"Can you go back in time and leave Italy for me?" I ask him, tilting my head. 

"Gracie-" 

"No. You can't." 

"Grace, just hear me out-"  I turn around, but he pulls me back.

"Don't walk away from me." 

"Watch me." I pull my wrist away, walking away. 

The sad part is I was waiting for his skin to touch mine again, for his warm hand to grab mines and pull me closer to him, so close that I'm drowning in the scent of his colone. 

But he doesn't. 

I swear I'm bipolar or something. 

I head to the table where my purse and keys sat amongst the several random decorations. I grab my stuff, getting ready to leave. I take one last look at the hall, it's as perfect as perfect can be. I'm so excited for the clients to see it!

"Leaving Grace?" I hear a very familiar voice. I turn around and there stands Ella in all her glory. 

"Hey E!" I smile at her, she breaks out in her familiar grin and she runs up to me. 

"What are you doing here?" I ask her. 

"Well, I have nothing to do at home, like ever." She scoffs. 

"I'm really good with  decorations." She winks at me and  I instantly get her request. 

"I don't know E," I mumble slowly. 

"Oh please! Pretty please?" her British accent whines. 

"Do you have any work experience?" I ask her. 

"Yes. I've worked at a cafe, art gallery, bookstore, another cafe for like a hour." She frowns and my eyebrows  raise.

"Uh, a farm and a shoe shop!" She yells. 

"That's a lot of jobs E." I chuckle and she shrugs. 

"Why'd you work so much? I mean, your dad is the leader of the English Mafia." I whisper.