Prologue

He is dying. Wei Wuxian is dying. He can see the blurred edge on his vision, resentful energy of the Burial Mound is claiming his body, taking their payment and his time left on earth.

'It HuRtS  HUrThURTs'

He can't feel his arms.

He can't feel his legs.

He can see that there's nothing below his abdomen.

Nothing. Not a single intestine on sight.

He can feel that he lost half of his face.

He had long accepted his fate. He knows that he's living in borrowed time.

Regrets.

Thank yous.

Apologizes.

Too much left to say, too little time.

I'm sorry Wen Qing, Wen Ning, and everyone in the Burial Mound.

For letting you go to your demise.

I'm sorry Jin Ling,

For killing your parents.

I'm sorry Shijie,

For killing your husband.

I'm sorry Jiang Cheng,

For killing your A-Jie.

I'm sorry, Jiang Shushu, Yu Furen,

For letting my arrogance get on me and failing to protect your children.

Lan Zhan...

Lan Wangji, the only person who didn't participate in the raid of said Demon's den. 

Lan Wangji, who he vaguely remember the tune the Lan sang in the cave

Ah... I don't know the name of that song...

The boy he hid in the tree

A-Yuan...

A-YUAN!!

Wei Wuxian remembers the boy who has snuggled his way to his heart...

The boy who he cherished the most even though he is not his flesh and blood...

I'm such a bad parent, am I?

He hopes that Lan Zhan, Lan Wangji, Hanguang Jun, the bright light of his life will save A-Yuan from demise, and take care of him.

He saw how Lan Wangji has a soft look when the boy sat on Lan's lap.

Lan Zhan,

take care of him

please

Thank you

and

I'm sorry

Then the darkness claimed him, wrapping him in a cold embrace.

He can feel a spark of warmth in his chest, peaceful, with the memory of a nameless song, and his last days in Burial Mound with his new-found family.

...

'GREAT NEWS! WEI WUXIAN IS DEAD!'

'I don't know, I don't know, I don't know.'

'Why would Nie sect bury their saber?'

'What did you do, Jin Guangyao?!'

'I killed them, Jiang Zongzhu. I killed Da-G- former Nie Zongzhu Nie Mingjue, Jin Gongzi Jin Zixuan,  Young Madam Jin Jiang Yanli, former Jin Zongzhu Jin Guangshan, everyone.'

'Why, A-Yao? Why'

'Er-Ge... I have no choice'

'My Golden core... my golden core! WEI WUXIAN! LOOK HOW GRACIOUS YOU ARE! YOU WANT ME TO GROVEL DOWN TO YOUR FEET NOW? WEI WUXIAN!  Shi-Xiong... Shi-Xiong... Ying-Gege... Gege, gege... Come back please'

'Wei Ying... Wei Ying... A-Yuan is alive. He's in Cloud Recesses right now with the name of Lan Yuan, Lan Sizhui. I miss you, Wei Ying... I can't contact your spirit anywhere and it's like you're gone from this world, Wei Ying...'

'Wei Ying'

'I love you '

'WEI WUXIAN!'

'WAKE UP!'

His eyes snapped open.

Next,

Chapter 1: Reborn?

~~~

Hey, Author is here. I'm sorry if this fic seems confusing and super short (I'm writing the first chapter and need to re-read and re-watch everything since I forgot 80% of the plot haha-). I'm trying my best to increase the word count and polish the writing. As you can see it is a little mix of CQL and Donghua? With sprinkles of the Novel? Ahahah I don't know anymore. 

AND yeah in this fic, our baby WWX doesn't come back to living (no Mo Xuanyu sacrifice. Don't ask. Probably it fails and Mo Xuanyu dies? *runs away from explanation*) but yeah instead he saw pieces from the future and some revelation of who killed JZX and JYL *dies of confusion*.

Anyway,

I'll try to update this fic as often as possible, but I still don't have any fixed schedule so this fic probably will be updated randomly. (I apologize once more).

If there's any suggestion or correction, please comment down below.

Thank you.

Signed, RegrettingMyLifeDecision