{14} Your Advice, Your Duty

Author's note at the end

Comments and votes are highly appreciated
~~
2 months before Jiang Wanyin return to Lotus Pier,

Chen shi,
Dafan, Yiling.*

"A-Ning! Help me to take the dried herbs inside!"

"Y-Yes, A-Jie!"

A meek and shy Wen, birth name Wen Ning, courtesy name Wen Qionglin runs through the Dafan Wen's farm while holding jars of Wen Qing's dried herbs.

Today is another day of 'that busy week'. A week where the renowned medic, Wen-Daifu, Wen Qing's hands are full and have a busy schedule.**

In Wen-Daifu's house, which also serves the purpose of a medical house, is full of Qishan people and around, mostly have curse treatment and weird symptoms of sickness.

The door opens

"Jie, here are the herbs. Is there anything I can help with?"

"Shì, Shì. A-Ning, take the scrolls and bamboo slips to my room and then prepare the herbs that need to be dried, put them in a jar and put them in the usual spot"***

"Shì, A-A-Jie"

Wen Qionglin hurriedly takes the scrolls and bamboo slips from the table near his JieJie. The amount of it isn't small. Wen Ning is stumbling to walk to Wen Qing's room since his eyesight is blocked by a stack of scrolls and slips on his hand.

When the scrolls and slips are already on the right shelf, the freshly-picked herbs are already waiting in his Jie's low table, along with some diagrams and books of symptoms that his Jie loves to read since it's about symptoms of uncommon diseases.

Wen Ning diligently put the fresh herbs into the right containers with the right labels, exited Wen Qing's room through the backdoor, and take the jars outside to dry them.

Just when he was about to enter Wen Qing's room again, Wen Dàn (旦), with Sì Shu as the familiar nickname for the Dafan Wens, approaches Wen Ning with an anxious expression on his face.****

"A-Ning"

"S-Shìshu, what's wrong?"

"Cultivators in purple robes are heading here. Wen Qiáng's (强) daughter, A-Qiū (秋) saw them first when she was playing on the farthest farm field"*[5]

"Th-They are Jiang cultivators? Do they w-want something?"

"We, Wen names are getting more and more hate and spiteful words from people since our Wen-Zongzhu is offending other sects and destroying some small sects."

"W-Wen-Zongzhu is getting out of hand"

"I'm just afraid that they are coming here to massacre all of us"

"D-Do they look angry, Shìshu?"

"Their leader, a woman, also in a purple robe, has a sour look on her face. Also, there is this one cultivator beside the leader wears a black and red robe"

'Red and black?', Wen Ning thought

"Sì Shu, if I'm not mistaken, I-I heard about a Jiang disciple in black and red when I was in Yunmeng undercover t-to take Jie's order. I heard from Yunmeng gossips th-that there is Jiang-Zongzhu's ward in black and red in Lotus Pier is also the Head Disciple in Jiang sect and the Yunmeng people love him"

"But isn't he suppose to wear purple too if he is in Jiang?"

"T-The rumours said that the Furen of Jiang sect hates him"

"What's his name?"

"I heard his surname name is Wei..... Wei something"

Just when Sì shū was about to ask more questions about the particular individual in the Jiang sect, Wen-Popo asks Wen Ning.