{10} Old Man Lan, May I Ask You A Question?

Author's note at the end

Comments and votes are highly appreciated
~~
Several days later...

Footsteps on dirt.

Mutters

Footsteps on stone.

The noise stops.

Knock

Knock

Knock

"Who is it?"

A person with a similar face to Lan Wangji, with thin lines beside his eyes showing his age and golden eyes full of grief.

Lan Yun*, Lan XiaoShun, or as people know, Lan-Zongzhu Qingheng-Jun, slides open the door, revealing a teenager with visiting disciple white robes.

The figure bows politely to the elder before him.

"Lan-Zongzhu"

The male figure bows respectfully before straightening back. The elder recognizes the male's facial features before him.

"...Changze, is that you?-"

The figure, named Wei Wuxian (just discharge from room confinement) bows once again while answering,

"Yunmeng Jiang Sect, this one with a birth name Wei Ying, and courtesy name Wei Wuxian greets Lan-Zongzhu"

"This elder is Qingheng-Jun, Lan Yun, Lan XiaoShun. Surname Wei... Are you the son of Wei Changze?"

"This one is indeed the son of Wei Changze and his wife Cangse Sanren"

"If you're here. Then are Wei Changze and Cangse Sanren here?"

"It is unfortunate that I must bear the news which is both my A-Die and A-Niang has long deceased since this disciple was 5"

"My condolence... Should we have a further discussion with tea?"

"It would be delightful, Lan-Zongzhu"

Wei Wuxian enters the elder's house.

Inside, the building is simple and neat and filled with common furniture and calligraphy above a flower pot. There is not much stuff but some brushes, paper, an incense burner, books. The environment around the building is calm but not peaceful. This building emitted a rather sad atmosphere, as the occupier has been in mourning for a long time.

The elder settles a perfect temperature teapot and 2 cups on the table. Wei Wuxian and Qingheng-Jun are sitting at the low table, facing each other.

Lan XiaoShun takes the warm and steam-still-puffing cup and takes a sip, followed by Wei Wuxian taking a sip from the teacup as it is polite and respectful to drink the beverage after the older one than you have to drink it. Lan XiaoShun starts the conversation.

"It has been a while since I take out more than a teacup. Has been a long time since I have had a visitor. How do you find this place? This building is secluded from the rest of the Cloud Recesses"

Wei Wuxian lets out a small embarrassed laugh

"A-ahaha I might accidentally come across this building when I wander around after I got kicked out from class. This is a nice house" I don't. That was days ago. I come to this building with personal quests.

Qingheng-Jun hummed and sips his tea once again.

"This building is not home. This is just a mere house. It has never been the same when my wife died"