{11.1} Bonus chapter

A secluded house in Cloud Recesses.

After Wei Wuxian left the building, Lan XiaoShun is left with the silence in the house.

He remembers Wei Wuxian's words on how his and her wife's children miss him and how the Jianghu will be in chaos not for long.

Lan XiaoShun picks a paper with a drawing of his LaoPo Lan MeiFeng and him, looking at it with a longing expression plastered on his face.* **

A-Feng... I miss you so much. Our kids have grown up into fine young masters. You must be proud. Unlike me who is a coward to face my sons after your death.

He lets out a sigh and put the paper on the shelf in his bedroom.

A-Feng, if you're still here, you'd definitely slap me out of my grief and drag me all the way to the boys no matter there are stairs or rocks on the pathway.

Also, this is might be the time to talk to Qiren about ending my seclusion.

Qingheng-Jun stands up and puts on his Guan and a Lan-Zongzhu headpiece on his head, and walks out from the secluded building, not as a man that still grieves his Laopo's death, but as someone who has accepted her death with grace and accepts the title Lan-Zongzhu.

~
Lan Qiren is having a nice cup of tea in his quarter before a knock is heard.

He answered the knock by sliding the door open, revealing a person that he thought wouldn't be able to see again.

"XiongZhang"

The person, Lan XiaoShun, greets Lan Qiren back with a small regretful smile.

"Qiren"

"XiongZhang, what are you doing here?"

Lan Qiren questioned Lan XiaoShun with eyes full of suspicion.

"Why can't I visit my family?"

Lan Qiren (definitely not) lets out a scoff, but steps aside to let his XiongZhang enters his quarter.

~
Now, Lan XiaoShun and Lan Qiren are sitting on a low table, face to face. The atmosphere in the room is awkward and tense. Lan XiaoShun gathers up his courage and opens the conversation.

"Qiren, how have you been?"

"I'm doing fine, XiongZhang."

"... How is A-Huan and A-Zhan?"

"They are remarkably incredible young masters and they gain the title, Twin Jade."

"Like us in the past when we were famous cultivators of Gusu and we are rank top 2 in the Bachelors Eligible List back we were young."

"We did."

"So..."

Lan Qiren takes a sip on his tea, clearly annoyed with the fact that his XiongZhang hasn't said sorry at all after suddenly showing up in front of his doorstep

"So?"

"...Dui bu qi, Qiren-"

"-I have been neglectful towards my sons and you, too downing and drowning in my grief of A-Feng's death"

"10 years."

"...Qiren?"

"10 years, XiongZhang. Ten years are needed before you realize it"

"I know, I am sorry-"

"Wangji was always asking for his Fuqin, how he looks like, his personality, childhood stories since he had never seen his Fuqin before. Xichen matured too quickly because he has to handle the responsibility as Lan-Zongzhu."