{25} The Lans and Their Fate

Author's Notes at the end

Votes and comments are highly appreciated
~~
Xuanzheng era, year 21

The Wens are vicious, Lan Wangji knows this

Both Wei Ying's story of the lost future, and his observations.

He knows the Wens will inevitably attack his home, whether they will succeed or not.

This time, the Wens successfully breach the barrier that Wei Ying made. Probably in another life, or another timeline, the Wens fail to breach the barrier and the Lans do not have to flee to save the people and be able to hit back against the Wens before they can start a war.

But that is for another life

After they flee from Cloud Recessess, the fleet and go undercover in various locations so that the Wens won't be able to detect them easily.

Lan Wangji's Fuqin got separated from them as he shoved Lan Wangji and Lan Xichen to Lan Qiren, and he distracts the Wen soldiers so the three to escape.

Currently, Shufu, XiongZhang and he occupy an abandoned house on the outskirts of Qinghe.

They decided to lay low for a while before going to take refuge in Unclean Realm, so the Wens won't spot them.

Their disguise as normal farmers is erm...

How can one explain it thoroughly that they are failing politely-

Right.

Their disguise is passable at a glance.

Their miraculous white robes are taken off and replaced with brown, grey and other colours that the civilian farmers wear. (Headbands are all tied on their arms, covered with the sleeves.

They also have to tend a farm to convince every Wen soldier that 'they maybe look handsome, but they're not the Gusu Lans.'

All of that effort does nothing to their face and appearance.

Lan Qiren is clueless about working the land to plant vegetables.

One of his former student's words replayed in his head, 'How come a big sect like Gusu Lan never taught their students real-life skills? What if they need it in an unprecedented future?'

That one gremlin student of his is right. Never would he think there will be a time when he says that the troublemaker is right.

Not the same for Lan Xichen.

This is the 3rd robe he ripped when he does his part on washing clothes, scrubbing each robe of theirs.

Gusu Lans arm strength is useless in terms of washing.

Lan Xichen is embarrassed and tired.

How are the civilians able to wash mountains of laundry with no golden core? My respect for the servants jumps up.

Lan Wangji is calmly taking care of the vegetables in the field. He thought taking care of them is far easier than taking care of the gentians in front of his Jingshi

More than 1 time, they were almost caught by the Wens

The first time is when they were entering Qinghe.

The second was when they went to the market. Their immaculate faces almost give away themselves to the Wens, only saved by the fact that they took off their forehead ribbon, and are hidden inside their sleeves.

The third and so on, it's just their luck on encounters with the Wens. Not to mention Qinghe is close to Qishan, just at the foot of the mountain where Qishan Wen reside.