{13} Permitted?

Author's Note at the end

Comments and votes are highly appreciated
~~

Lesson learned.

Never joke in the middle of training when your head disciple woke up early,

Or wake the Head Disciple in the morning.

Clang!

Clang!

Clang!

The training ground is full of disciples sparing and practising their sword form.

"One!"

Clank!

"Two!"

Clank!

Three!"

Clank!

"Hold your position!"

The sea of purple Jiang sect robes breathing heavily while trying to hold their stance while their head disciple walking around the group, checking their stance one by one.

The disciples are sweating like a river. They have been doing this for hours under the afternoon sun, double the time for training and less time for a break. The training starts early, even earlier than the Lan Clan

'Why?', you say?

The night before, every disciple get a message in the form of paper, from their Head Disciple that today's training will start early because it will be fun and lots of games.

When they first read it, they were very happy.

But now? They regret waking up early.

"Straightened up your arm!"

The unfortunate disciple gets smacked on his arm with Suibian's scabbard, dropping his sword in the process. The head disciple sternly command the disciple to take the sword from the ground

"Pick it up"

The disciple hurriedly picks the sword up again and fixes his stance.

The next unfortunate disciples are those gossiping on the farthest of the row.

"You two."

The gossips stop and even if they try to act like they're serious, no one can escape Head Disciple's sharp eyes.

"Fight me"

What?
All other disciples have wide eyes and are confused.

"If you two can win the fight, we will stop the training immediately and all of you can have a break"

Cheerful whispers erupted among the disciples.

"However..."

Silent. Nervous silence.

"If you two lose, I will double the training."

Horrified gasps.

The two gossiping disciples gulp nervously. Every junior disciple know that in the sect, no one had ever defeated the Head Disciple in a duel, but their life beings are in the hand of the two gossipers.

Will be hard, yes. But hey, they have a small chance of winning, only if they can use underhanded tactics and because it is 2 vs 1"

"...and may use underhanded tactics"

A chance!

After a silent eye on eye agreement with other disciples, one of the gossiping disciples, Wu shidi, Jiang WuHuā accepts the fight.*