CH*1 (We've Arrived)

Seokjin pov:

I smile listening to Joon talk to Hobi. I know we all have some reservations and the sooner we can get through this day the sooner we can be on our way. I look down as my hand is squeeze looking up to focus on Tae. He smiles at me before leaning in to peck my cheek. I take a deep breath nodding before turning to address the guys.

"While I do love our beautiful lobby, I say we head up to our office Joonie. Then we can go over the itinerary for the day in detail. What do you think?"

Joon smiles at me before pulling Hobi by the hand leading him to the security gate. I smile before echoing his movement and taking Tae to another and using my badge to scan him through. Jimin and Jungkook follow on my side as Yoongi speaks animatedly with Joon after he's scanned through. Walking to the elevator I press the button so we can head upstairs. 

The ride doesn't take as long as you would think to reach the top

The ride doesn't take as long as you would think to reach the top. I smile at the surprised faces as we step off and walk down the corridor to get to our office.

"Oh!"

We walk into our shared office at Jimin's exclamation. I chuckle as I turn to him.

"You didn't realize I was speaking literally when I said, our office, huh?"

He shakes his head as he looks around. I can't help but chuckle again at the surprise detailed in his expression.

 I can't help but chuckle again at the surprise detailed in his expression

"Joonie and I share an office space. It is just the most practical thing given our titles that we do. I was thinking it would probably be best for Tae and Kook to share as well given the nature of their positions. What do you think Joonie? I was thinking of the corner space..."

He nods as he appears to think about it.

"I think that's a good idea Jinnie. I was thinking the same thing but wasn't sure if they would agree that working in close proximity would be best given their positions. What do you guys think?"

We all turn to look at Kook and Tae as they turn to us with startled looks. The deer in headlights expressions make me laugh as I step over to them.

"What were you doing that you're so shocked to be addressed?"

Tae's cheek flame as he clears his throat looking away rubbing his neck.

"Um... Kookie and I were admiring the layout and well..."

"We may have been discussing... well after hours private meeting you could have had here."

I laugh as does Joon who has just stepped up behind me wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Hmm... well guys, you wouldn't be wrong... but let's leave those conversations for a later time. What do you guys think of sharing an office space? Like this but also not like this. We can take a look at it if it seems like a good idea."

I squeeze Joon's hands as he finishes speaking and he kisses my hair as we wait for a response.

Taehyung pov:

I take a deep breath as I pull Kook closer to me. I like the idea, love it actually but I don't want to smother him either.

"What do you think Kookie?"

He looks at me, watching for a minute before he smiles softly.

"I think that would be great. Not only will it make things easier since our positions are so closely linked but we'd get to see each other all the time."

We all turn to look as Jimin jumps up and down.

"Do we get to share an office too?!"

Seokjin pov:

I frown as I look at Joon. I hadn't thought of that. Of course, they would want to share too. I just thought due to the nature of their positions they would need separate spaces. I clear my throat to answer but Yoongi beats me to it.

"Chim love our positions mean we actually need separate spaces. I'll need to be able to work on music and production as well as hold meetings. You and Hobi will need offices for different things as well. Though maybe the two of you can share comfortably..."

"Oh... I guess you're right. It really wouldn't be productive for us to share."

I move closer pulling away from Joon without even thinking. I look back at him smiling apologetically as I pull Jiminie into a hug. Joon smiles back stepping in to run his fingers through his hair.

"Maybe we can come up with a space that's just for us. Where we can come together. Anytime we want or need to meet or just spend time together during the work day. Any of us can just shoot a message into our group chat and we can all go there as soon as we have a minute? Would that be a good compromise?"

"Oh... and I'm sure we all will have an open door policy for the seven of us. Anytime we need each other we can just head to any of our offices, right?"

We all turn looking at Tae who looks back at us with wide eyes at his suggestion. I watch as Joon nods.

"Absolutely, I'm sure none of us would have it any other way."

I think over the layout of the executive suites and know just the space that will be perfect for it. It even has a separate en suite with living quarters that we can renovate to suit us and any needs we may have. I squeeze Jiminie tighter as he relaxes into my hold and the other crowd around us with smiling faces. It seems work is transforming into a grand adventure. I can't wait to see how it all unfolds.