Chapter 1 : Where it all Changed

Today's the day I am being introduced to the team as the newest recruit for the Avengers. My name's Y/N 'Stevens' , it's actually Stark but that's my secret to keep—no one has to know. Except the star of the show, Fury—the man that saved me. Then obviously Tony's going to know who I am. Fury's against the idea of me hiding my true identity, but I just want to protect Tony's peace. Tony's going to be surprised to see me as it's been a little over twenty years since he last saw me.

Our parents had me when Tony was fourteen, and he resented me in the end. He was a good big brother at first, I know deep down he loved me. Our father was never that great to him, all the comfort Tony received was from our mom. When I came along not only did I take a lot of mom's attention, but dad also showered me in his as well. I 'stole' our mother from him, and I got the father he never did. The age gap made it easier for him to explain the distance as I began to get older. It was easier for him to internally blame the toddler for his problems, and I get it, I hold nothing against him.

At the age of five everything changed for our family. Tony was off working on his multiple college degrees and I was getting ready to start kindergarten. I was more than excited to make friends, but I noticed how anxious mom had been. On what was meant to be my first day of school she had decided to keep me home.

"Mama, why am I not at school making friends?" I had asked her while we watched cartoons, or while I did and she blankly stared at the screen.

"Am I not a good enough friend?" She hummed

"You're my very best friend, but I wanna play with people my size."

"Soon darling..." she states with a kiss to my forehead.

Soon never came, as that night mom and dad got into a fight, they thought I was asleep but I was wide awake.

"How did this happen? Why did you not read your contract thoroughly before you signed it all those years ago?" She had shouted at him

"I never meant for this to happen... Darling, we can try to run! We can leave now. Go pack our bags and I'll get the car ready. Then we'll grab Y/N and slip out into the night." He tried to reassure her.

"Don't call me darling! I'm not your darling, what you did is borderline unforgivable. This plan of yours better work." She replies in an eerily calm time.

As dad drove us down the highway the car was silent. The tension between the two of them was thick.

"Mama?" I whimper from the back seat

"Hello my beautiful baby, try to go back to sleep" she whispers while looking back at me with a smile.

"I can't... Are you okay mama? You look sad."

"Yes my little love, I'm okay. Are you?"

"I'm scared, you and dada are fighting and it makes me sad."

"Hey, shhh. It's okay. We fight sometimes, that's what happens when you get married baby." She tried her best to comfort me.

"Okay mama... Are we going to see Tones?" I squeal out hopefully.

"We can!"

Then before I could shout in excitement our car was spinning. They made sure to hit the car closer to the front, leaving mom in the worst shape. A man in tactical gear approached our car. He pulled my father out of the car and bashed his head into the pavement.

"Dada??" I shout

"Baby, I need you to stay calm... Unbuckle and run. Mommy's so sorry sweetie, I'm so sorry. I love you so.."

Then before she could finish speaking the man who hurt my father then came to my mothers side, and he choked the life out of her.
I didn't unbuckle, I was too shocked to even process anything. All I felt in the moment was pure fear, and the next thing I felt was a needle to my neck, and then it went dark.