Chapter 22: I Do

My bodies exhausted, but my mind is restless.
Fortunately, I can already feel my powers kicking back in, allowing me to heal at a faster rate than average. I've been trapped in an incessant, never ending viewing of memories, and I wished it would stop, but now I'm actually finding peace in them. Making me appreciate where I've landed in my life.

~~~

4 Months Ago

I'm still not used to sleeping more than three hours a night, so I found myself alone in the kitchen with my thoughts. Not really registering that I live with fellow super soldiers and spies who hear everything, and also don't sleep.

I was sipping on a mug of cocoa, thinking of the newfound sense of comfort I've found in the witch, assassin, and metal armed soldier. Completely lost in my thoughts I didn't hear the impending footsteps.

"Hello doll, how are you holding up?" Bucky asks, startling me as he rummages through the fridge, leading me to instinctually go invisible.

"Y/N?" Bucky silently questions as he stares at the now 'empty' space, but then watches as my mug suddenly becomes visible on the counter as I set it down.

"Still here Barnes, you just activated my fight or flight for a second there." I nervously laugh out, bringing myself back to normal.

"Oh good, I was worried you were talking to yourself there Bucky." Natasha laughs, as she walks into the shared space.

"So what if I was Natasha?" He grumbles, slightly glaring her way as he throws ingredients onto the counter.

"Well, then I think it's best if I take Y/N elsewhere, you know, for her own safety." Natasha jokes.

"If that's what you feel is right the by all means, but you'll be missing out on some phenomenal grilled cheese sandwiches if you don't stick around."

"That's fi—." Natasha starts to disregard his indirect offer.

"No freaking way, I'd love a grilled cheese." I beam with a childlike glee.

"Well what are you waiting for Barnes, get to cooking. Y/N and I will be waiting in the common room." Natasha instructs, dragging me out of the room towards the couches.

"We can all watch a movie together." I whisper shout towards Buck, then move to keep up with Natasha's eager pull.

Natasha pulls me down onto the couch, then puts on The Breakfast Club, informing me that this is a must see film. Even though the couch is basically a mile long, I somehow find we're seated shoulder to shoulder.
Bucky shows up fifteen minutes later, taking his place next to me, sandwiching me in between the two. Surrounding me with a warmth that surpasses the physicality.

2 Months Ago

"Natty, would you like to train with me at around 7PM?"

"We trained this morning Y/N/N. Not that I'm opposed per se, but I actually am.
Stark, Banner and Rogers are in there currently. Wouldn't want to interrupt their menage a trois." Natasha playfully remarks.

"Well, how about ice skating?"

"That's not training Y/N/N, it actually sounds more like a date. You could've just asked." Nat replies playfully, wiggling her brows at me.

"Well, for one, it's exercise and sort of like agility training. Anyways, Wands and I will see you later then. Have fun with the boys."

"You two wouldn't dare leave me alone with them." Natasha gasps, and follows with a pout.