Chapter 15: Tick...

Y/N's POV

Once we arrive in the room it's eerily quite—empty—there's no way hydra's not aware of our being here. I have an uneasy feeling that they're possibly a step ahead of us...

"Rogers, you go left, Stevens, go straight ahead, and I'll go right. Get whatever you can, but at the first sign of company get out. Don't hesitate to call for backup." Natasha commands, staring too intensely at me while saying it.

Great, splitting up, because that always works out in the movies.

"Copy." I reply apprehensively, and make my way forward, without sparing either of them another glance.

As I approach the end of my designated hallway I find an empty room. I walk in to find is shockingly empty, a stark contrast to what it usually is. I see a few file cabinets, and before I could retreat from the obvious trap I find myself on the ground. A high pitched sound rings through my ears and it brings me to my knees. As I begin to get my bearings, he makes his way into my eye-line.

"Y/N, darling, welcome home."

"This isn't my home." I bite back.

"Now-now, is that any way to talk to the man that's raised you?"

"You didn't raise me!" I shout at the "man" in front of me.

"You tried to turn me into a weapon, after kidnapping me. You're a vile excuse for a human being, and I'm here to end you." I spit at the man.

He looks at me in amusement, and then he approaches me. He places his hands on my shoulders, and abruptly pulls me to my feet.
I try my best to fight it, but whatever's in this room is dampening my powers. My body feels like it's on fire anytime I try to use my mind to throw something at him, or to go invisible.

"You think you can end me? Sweetheart, you could kill me, and I'd still be there. Lurking around every corner. You've never been free of Hydra, SHIELD is crawling with my minions. Keeping a close eye on you, my precious girl." He whispers sickeningly, and traces his finger down my face, and over my jawline.

I do my best to recoil, but I'm stuck in place, I'm not exactly sure what's happening.

"I don't care! You being dead is good enough, we'll continue to take Hydra out." I yell in his face.

He looks like he's pondering what to say next, he goes to speak but stutters over his words.
Then he pulls a complete 180, looking at me with a friendly smile, and a completely different tone to his voice. I'm slightly stunned, but at the same time I'm used to his manipulative behavior.

"So, you got the info we've been waiting for you to collect agent?" He questions me, leaving me confused at what his play is here.

Steve's POV

I finished securing my files, and went to find Stevens as she's gone AWOL on comms. As I approached the area she was sent to, I do my best to remain quiet. Before I fully enter the room I see her in the middle of a conversation with none other than Strucker, the leader of the Hydra organization.

"So, you got the info we've been waiting for you to collect agent?" He questions her with his hands on her shoulders, and a friendly smile.

Shit.. She was a mole this whole time, Tony's been right all along. I slowly retreat, and make my way back to where we originally parted. I then proceeded to focus on what Tony said, and that's getting our family out of here alive.

"Nat, I think it's best we all head to the rendezvous spot. Y/N's nowhere to be found, I assume she's already there."

"No way Rogers, we need to find her." Nat immediately shoots me down.