Chapter 16: Tick...

Y/N's POV

I felt the building slightly rumble, telling me that the bombs been set to go off. In the five minutes since I had last heard from Wanda, I had managed to find a set of tweezers to remove the power dampening bullets from my abdomen and thigh.
I also found gauze, so I quickly shoved it in the wounds to attempt to stop anymore bulk blood loss. My increased healing from the serum doesn't keep me from bleeding out.

Now, I need to focus on remembering where the closest window is, and possibly trying to reconnect with Wands.

Wanda's POV

Well, it's a shit show out here, all I can do is hope that Y/N's fairing better. Natasha's currently fuming, and Steve's acting like he didn't do anything at all.

"You are a pathetic excuse for a captain, and if anything happens to her the blood's on your hands!" Natasha shouts at Steve.

"Say what you want Natasha, but in the end I'm just following orders. Orders in which Stevens herself gave to Wanda."

"Oh shut up, you've been completely obvious this whole mission. Her disappearance wouldn't bother you in the slightest."

"Honestly, yeah, it wouldn't. She's been nothing but shady from the start, and her AWOLing all but confirms that she can't be trusted. I don't know what she did to trick you into thinking she's good, but trust me—my gut is never wrong." Steve shouts

Natasha scoffs at his statement

"Your gut is poisoned by Stark and his baseless accusations. At this point she's the only good left on that retched team. You're all toxic, slimy assholes." Natasha seethes.

I'm completely fed up, and I'm just growing anxious as this place is going down within the next minute. We need to get ourselves off the ground, and work on finding Y/N.

"If you two don't shut up, and get your asses in that jet, I will blast you into another dimension." I shout, finally done listening to their useless arguments.

"If you think I'm—." Natasha starts, before Steve lifts her off the ground and carries her onto the jet. Natasha thrashes around in his arms, but he's insanely determined.

Pretty boy seems to keep making every wrong move today, but he can deal with the repercussions later.

I immediately follow them onto the jet, and close the hatch, blocking Nat in, then attempt to find Y/N while Steve lifts us into the air.

Nat's POV

I'm currently stewing with a burning rage, and the Captain's signed up to take the brunt of my wrath.

"Steve, step away from the controls! This is MY mission." I command, doing my best not to crush the super soldier.

"You're not thinking clearly, Fury will understand.." Steve starts to say, losing his confidence now that we're locked in together.

"Ha! You're really dense if you actually believe that. Fury will most definitely not understand when we return without Y/N. She's his most prized person."

I look back to see Wanda in a meditative position, which tells me she's trying to reach
Y/N. At least someone has their priorities straight...

"I'm getting us out of here!" Steve shouts

"Like hell you are!" I shout back, then zap him with my widow bites until he falls to the ground.

I take over the controls, flying us just high enough to not face much damage from the blasts. I want to be close enough to get to Y/N

Y/N's POV

*Wands..* I try my best to reach the witch.

I'm running on nearly expired adrenaline, so trying to navigate these hallways on an injured leg, and communicate with Wands is taking all I have left. She's not answering, and I'm worried that I'm here alone.

If that's the case, then it's okay, I knew the risks when I told them to set them off. I'll figure it out, I always do.

*Y/N/N..*

*Oh my gosh, Wands. Look, I'm about to jump out of a window on the third floor, I am running on borrowed time as I calculate less than thirty seconds before this place crumbles. You guys need to get far away, and just come back after the dust settles. I'll be a—okay. No worries.*

*What the hell did you get yourself into? Three floors? That's an insane fall, then the blast is enough to kill you if you don't make it. Y/N, you didn't think this through, please don't die.*

*Yeah, but at least Strucker doesn't get what he wanted. See you in a minute bestie.*
———————————————————————
❤️Kaitlyn🤪