Chapter 23: Truth's Out

After a few hours, I hear the door open again, and by the sounds of the steps I can tell it's my favorite witch.

*I'm the only witch you know*

*Doesn't diminish your status as my favorite*

I slowly open my eyes, and am met with her disheveled state. She's clearly been crying and she has yet to clean any of the debris from the bombings off of herself yet.

"Oh Wands, come here." I gently whisper, opening my available arm up to her, catching her as she gently crashes into me.

"What's wrong?" I question, clueless to why she's so heartbroken

"We-e saw everything Y/N/N..." Wanda whimpers.

"It's okay Wands, I got out in time. I'm right here, we're all okay." I try to comfort her.

"No... We saw all your memories, showing us the initial memory drained you, so you fell asleep—trapping us in with you. We felt everything you were feeling."

"Wha-at?? So, he knows everything then?!
Oh gosh.."

"Yeah.. But that's the least of my worries. Y/N, it was horrible, absolutely heart wrenching. You deserved so much better."

"It brought back memories for you didn't it? I'm so sorry Wands, I didn't mean to bring up any of your previous traumas. I just wanted to calm Steve down for the sake of your guy's peace. You know, you deserved better too."

"No." She angrily rebuts.

"Yes, you most certainly did." I growl out.

"I volunteered for that, you didn't. I-I."

I gently cup her face with my right hand, and guide her head down to my chest, with her facing away from Natasha. I gently run my fingers through her hair, as I hear the slightest of whimpers, and I feel fresh hot tears seeping through my shirt.

"Shh... Listen, you were taken in by an organization that preys on the emotionally vulnerable. They capitalized on your grief, and it doesn't matter if you volunteered or not. They fueled your valid rage, with empty promises. In the end, when you were faced with a choice, you chose the right side. You didn't let their hate rule you, because at the end of the day Wands, you're a good person. So when I say you deserved better I mean it. You've been through so much in your lifetime, that most people wouldn't ever scratch the surface of experiencing. I'm sorry for trapping you in with me, and for bringing all of you along for the traumatic memories. I wouldn't wish that relived pain on anyone."

She pulls back from my hold, and cups my cheeks, sending me a sad smile. She then leans down and presses a quick kiss to my forehead.

"You're just too good for the world darling, you always know just what to say to fix things."

Then as I go to speak, we're interrupted by my stomach rumbling obnoxiously loud.
My eyes widen at the sound, as Natasha begins to stir awake, and Wanda bursts out laughing.

"Detka, was that you?" Natasha sleepily mumbles, slightly opening one eye to take in her surroundings.

"It appears it was." I laugh out, then placing an apologetic kiss to Natasha's temple.

"I'll go make us all some dinner." Wanda sweetly announces, lightly patting my cheek, then exiting.

*I'm going to get you a bed!!*

*Good, I don't want to go back to the compound alone*

*I figured. I got you bestie. Thanks for saving me*