𝟎𝟑𝟑. - the negative effects of budget cuts

CHAPTER THIRTY THREE
( the negative effects of budget cuts ! )

CHAPTER THIRTY THREE ( the negative effects of budget cuts ! )

GOD DAMN BUDGET CUTS

(  * ˚ ˑ༄ؘ ✦ )

"OKAY LET'S GET STARTED," RAY ANNOUNCES. IT WAS ANOTHER day, another problem for the danger squad. ray and henry, or rather captain man and kid danger, had a meeting with the vice mayor earlier where they were told that there were going to be cuts to their budget because of the new high-speed rail project the city of swellview is building. their budget had been cut by an extreme amount— 90% to be exact.

charlotte, jasper, aurora, henry, and schwoz were sitting on the circular couch after ray had announced an important team meeting where they would be discussing the budget cut issue. "today in the man cave, we're going to be talking about budget cuts," ray pulled up a powerpoint on the monitors, "what does it mean?"

aurora rested her head on henry's shoulders and intertwined her left hand with his right one. out of boredom, she began playing with his fingers.

"charlotte?" ray called when charlotte raised her hand.

"that our budget's been cut," she answered.

"yes. and, since the city of swellview isn't gonna be giving us nearly enough money to fight crime anymore, we're gonna need to make some changes around here," ray said.

"ooo! show them what you made me do to the schnack machine," schwoz spoke.

"i was just about to talk about that! god!" ray hissed. he walked over to the machine and continued, "the auto-snacker is no longer free, as i will now demonstrate," he put his hand on the screen, "tuna pot pie."

"tuna pot pie. fifteen dollars."

"fifteen dollars?!" charlotte exclaimed.

"that's completely absurd!" aurora shouted.

"for a tuna pot pie?!"

"well, tough tuna— we don't have enough money for employees to get free food anymore," ray stated. "now next..." he changed the slide to a new one that reads bathroom fees. "going to the bathroom here will no longer be free."

"what?!"

"excuse me?!"

"no way!"

"is that even legal?!"

"you're gonna charge us to pee?"

"well, yeah! stuff like water and toilet paper and cheese costs money," ray crossed his arms.

"what kind of weirdo eats cheese in the bathroom?" aurora questioned.

"that's what i want to know," ray said as he looked at jasper, making everyone turn their heads to stare at him.