𝟎𝟑𝟖. - saturday night lies

CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT
( saturday night lies ! )

CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT( saturday night lies ! )

YEAH, DAD, BUTTER CAKE

(  * ˚ ˑ༄ؘ ✦ )

"UNO!" JASPER BEAMED AS HE PLACED HIS YELLOW CARD on top of the deck of used cards that was sitting between him and aurora on the couch in junk n' stuff. it was a boring saturday and the quartet were up in the store embracing the crime-free afternoon. henry was standing behind the counter while charlotte tidied up a small plant. "nice work, jasp. you finally got uno," aurora lightly grinned. they've been playing the card game for twenty five minutes and jasper was having a hard time winning.

"i know! i might actually win!" jasper smiled.

"yeah... too bad i'm gonna have to give you four extra cards, though," aurora sighed as she placed the plus four card down.

"no! why?!" jasper cried. aurora tried suppressing a laugh as jasper sulkily grabbed four cards.

"yo yo yo, kiddios, check out this new invention schwoz just made for me," ray announced as he walked into the room.

"what is it?"
"i wanna see."

"check it," he held up what looked like a pen.

"uh, i don't think schwoz invented the pen," charlotte mentioned. aurora and jasper abandoned their game and made their way over to see what ray was holding.

"oh you think it's just a pen?" ray turned to henry and laughed, "she think it's just a pen!"

henry and jasper laughed along.

"so do we."
"it's literally a pen."
"yeaaaah, we all thought it was just a pen."

"well, it also happens to be..." ray flicked the pen and it radiated a blue color. "a nose hair trimmer."

"whaat?!"

ray used the trimmer as they all stared in awe.

"and it also happens to fire small poison darts," ray added before flicking the pen again, making it turn red. ray aimed at one of the many plants in the room and fired a dart to its branch causing it to instantly die.

"oh!"

"wow!"

"that's so cool!"

"yes! that is gold," henry admired.

"and you can re-use the darts so you know... it's sustainable. good for the earth and all that—" ray's face dropped when he spotted someone familiar standing outside of the store. "oh no... oh no she's here. oh my god. why is she here? why is she here right now? no no no no no no."