012: William Afton

"What? How is that possible?" William asked, moving Michael around in his arms to see the plush. Henry was right. The plush was one of Fredbear. "Oh my gosh." He shifted Michael to a more comfortable position, but the little boy woke up in the process. A small smile made its way to his face when he saw that William was the one holding him. William couldn't help but smile back--the boy was just too darn adorable.

"Michael, where did you get that plush from?" Henry asked kindly, pointing to the yellow and purple stuffed animal.

Michael's grip on the plush tightened. "A-Aster," he mumbles nervously.

"That plush is from here," William said, a slight chuckle in his voice. "Did your brother used to work here?"

The small boy hummed thoughtfully. "I think so." He hummed in thought again, then smiled. "Yeah, he did. I recognize the tree outside and the dancy-singy animals." He pointed to Fredbear and Springbonnie, then shifted his point to Fredbear. "That's Fredbear, correct?"

Henry and William laughed a little bit. "Yes, that's Fredbear," Henry confirmed kindly. "Do you know the other one?"

"Spring... bunny?" he asked quietly, looking at William with an uncertain expression.

"Close!" William exclaimed, a little bit of laughter in his voice. "Springbonnie."

"May I go play one of the arcade machines, please?" he asked, his attention shifting between William and Henry.

"Of course," Henry told him, then left. He returned shortly with Michael's crutches, which he handed to the little boy. William carefully set him down on the checkered floor, catching him when he started to waver.

William felt a lump in his throat. He couldn't wait to start getting more money once the restaurant finally opened. Then he could adopt Michael and give the poor boy a home. A real home.